83. I'M HOLEY

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE |

I'M HOLEY.

THREE WEEKS AFTER REMUS AND Tonks tied the knot everything changed. Marriage seemed good on both of them, especially Remus and it made Hazel extremely happy, however, the happiness didn't seem to last too long, the war was nearing closer and closer with each day, and the brunette felt completely fearful for everyone around her.

She paced up and down in the living room of the Burrow. She - along with Ginny, Tonks and Mrs. Weasley - were left behind whilst everyone else from the Order went to retrieve Harry, to bring him to the Burrow before Voldemort could lay his hands on him.

Letting out a sigh, Hazel ran her fingers through her brown locks before she walked over into the kitchen, where the rest of the women were. Walking quickly, she rushed to the window above the sink, her eyes scanning the dark wheat field in front of the house. She felt like vomit as nerves invaded her body. 

"Why aren't they back yet?" Ginny asked softly as she bit her fingernails nervously.

As soon as those words left her mouth, a flash appeared in the field and without hesitation Hazel, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley sprinted outside, leaving a pregnant Tonks in the kitchen to look out of the window. Hazel grabbed her wand from the table as she passed it, holding it straight in front of her as she exited the Burrow.

"Harry!" Ginny yelled, rushing over to the messy haired boy, throwing her arms around him.

His clothes were soaked, his black hair was unruly - as always - and his circular glasses were skewed on his face. Looking over his shoulder, Hazel noticed Hagrid appearing, his clothes were just as soaked as Harry's as he sent the women a small smile, one that was barely seen from under his enormous beard.

"What happened out there?" Mrs. Weasley interrogated, "Where are the others?" Panic laced her words.

"Is no one back yet?" Harry asked as he and Ginny pulled away from their hug, he was then pulled into Hazel's arms as she held him tightly, glad that he was alright.

"They were onto us right from the start," Hagrid explained, his shoulders deflated as he looked down sadly, "We didn't stand a chance."

"Well, thank goodness you two are alright," Mrs. Weasley cooed, she quickly performed a drying spell on their clothes before ushering them both into the Burrow, where Tonks greeted them warmly.

Hazel followed them slowly, glancing over her shoulder into the night with a worried expression. Her fingers subconsciously fiddled with her engagement ring. Just before she stepped back inside, another flash appeared. It felt as if her heart stopped beating as her eyes widened, "No, no," She muttered, shaking her head in disbelief as she watched Arthur Weasley holding up George, blood dripping down his face.

Shoving her wand into her jeans, Hazel sprinted over to her future father-in-law. Tears stung her eyes as she threw George's arm around her shoulder, helping Mr. Weasley bring his son inside. Mrs. Weasley, Harry, Ginny, Hagrid and Tonks ran out of the burrow, all of them gasping in shock when they spotted the amount of blood that coated George's left ear.

Laying George down onto the couch, Mr. Weasley sprinted back outside when he heard someone landing in front of the Burrow. Hazel stayed behind, kneeling besides George as tears now flowed like waterfalls from her dark eyes. She felt sick to her stomach and if she had eaten something before she knew it would've all come back up as she grasped George's hand tightly, "Please be okay," She pleaded quietly, her tone causing the people around them to frown.

George let out a groan as his chocolate eyes opened. He blinked a few times as he got used to the light in the room, "Hazel," He said, a grin appearing on his face as he touched his fiancé's cheek, "How you doing, my love?"

"How am I doing?" The brunette asked in disbelief, "I think I should be asking you that." 

Mrs. Weasley rushed over to her son, a bucket of water with her and a few clean rags in her hands. She placed them over George's left ear as Hazel felt a presence behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she frowned when she spotted Fred standing there, tears pooling in his eyes.

"How you feeling, Georgie?" Fred asked, kneeling down besides Hazel.

"Saint like."

Hazel scrunched her eyebrows in confusion as she shared a puzzled look with Fred. 

"What?" Fred questioned.

George sent his brother and fiancé a tired smile. Using his free hand, he pointed to his missing ear, "I'm holey. I'm Holey, Fred," He snickered, "Get it?"

Hazel felt a soft smile appearing on her face. The fact that he was still able to make jokes in this situation meant that he was okay, and that's all she wanted. Wiping her tears from her face, she squeezed George's hand. 

Fred shook his head but chuckled nevertheless, "Holey? You have the whole world of ear-related humour before you, and you go for 'holey'? Pathetic."

"I'm still better looking than you," George commented, a fatigued smirk on his face as he let his eyes shut for a moment.

Hazel didn't move away from the couch, she kept her hand grasped in George's as she watched Mrs. Weasley clean him up, a teary look on her face. The brunette didn't let her eyes leave her fiancé, worried that if she looked away, even for a second, he would be gone. 

"Mad-Eye is dead," Bill informed them, Hazel didn't even realise that he had gotten back until she heard his voice behind her, her eyes still not wavering from George, "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and disapparated."

The atmosphere in the Burrow suddenly turned gloomy.

AN- I promise the next chapter will be a LOT happier. Can't believe how close we are to the end, so surreal.