65. MERRY CHRISTMAS

| CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE |

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

ON CHRISTMAS DAY, HAZEL DIDN'T even recognise Grimmauld Place. Sirius had clearly been working tirelessly over the last couple of days to clean and decorate the entire place (of course with the help of Harry, Hazel and the Weasley children). 

The normally cobwebbed filled chandeliers were now sparkling, instead of cobwebs there were garlands of holly and silver streamers hanging down. Sirius even went as far as to charm glittery snow to fall from the ceiling in the dining room, snow that wasn't freezing cold and didn't melt into a sloppy slush. A giant Christmas tree - which was decorated with live fairies - was blocking the Black's family tree from view, which clearly had a very positive impact on Sirius' mood. Since he wasn't able to rip the disgusting tapestry down, blocking it was the second best thing; even if it was only for a few days.

With a loud crack, Hazel, Fred and George apparated in Harry and Ron's shared bedroom, still cladded in their pyjamas.

"Merry Christmas," Hazel beamed brightly at the two boys.

"Don't go downstairs for a bit," George added, smiling softly.

"Why not?" Ron questioned as Hazel jumped onto his bed, leaning against the headrest whilst he stayed sat at the end of it.

"Mum's crying again," Fred explained with a deep sigh, "Percy sent back his Christmas jumper."

"Without a note," George added, "Hasn't even asked how dad is or visited him or anything."

"We've tried comforting her," Fred stated as he sat down on Harry's bed, "Told her Percy's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings."

"Didn't work" George muttered bitterly as he helped himself to a Chocolate Frog from Ron's large pile of sweet treats, "So Remus took over. Best let him cheer her up before we go down for breakfast, I reckon."

"But, I've got some great news," Hazel spoke up, the wide grin still spread across her face as she jumped off the bed. Fred and George shared puzzled glances, they had noticed Hazel was in a brighter mood, but she never mention to them why that was, "Someone is joining us for Christmas. Well, actually, two someones are joining us." 

Ron groaned, "Who?"

"My grandad," Hazel beamed, "And your dad," She added, watching as their eyes widened in shock.

"What?" Fred asked, "H-How do you know?"

Hazel smiled, "I overheard your mum telling Sirius last night. My dad and Tonks are going to pick him up..." She glanced at her wristwatch, one that she got from her dad a few years ago, "In about half an hour."

George practically leapt at the brunette, he threw the Chocolate Frog aside - hitting Ron square in the face as he did so - as he picked Hazel up, twirling her around in his arms as she chuckled. His lips were upturned in a wide smile as he finally stopped spinning her, pressing her tightly to his chest and kissing her face repeatedly.

The rest of the boys seemed too happy to even be disgusted by the couple as they all grinned at one another.

"We better get dressed then," Fred spoke up.

"Yeah," Hazel agreed, "Oh, wait. Just whatever you do, don't tell Ginny about your dad, and I'm talking to you Ron," She pointed at the youngest Weasley boy who sheepishly smiled at her, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Why?" Fred asked, tilting his head with a confused look.

"It's gonna be a surprise, duh," Hazel replied, "A bloody great one at that!"

George grinned at the brunette, his heart racing in his chest as his eyes watched her with what could be describes as pure adoration, "God, you're just amazing," He told her, his arms still tightly wrapped around her waist, "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Georgie."