62. VISION

| CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO |

VISION.

"HAZEL!" A VOICE SAID, SHAKING the girl awake, "Hazel, wake up!"

Hazel's dark eyes opened and she was met with the darkness of the dormitory. She didn't know what time it was, but the fact that the sun didn't seem to be anywhere in the sky meant that it was still time for her to be fast asleep. As she tried to turn onto her other side a hand stopped her from doing so, "Hazel, please."

The urgency in the voice made her eyes snap open once again, "Ginny?" She asked a confused tone in her voice.

"Yeah," The younger girl sniffled.

"What's going on?" Hazel questioned as she reached for her bedside lamp, "Are you hurt?"

Ginny shook her head, the light illuminated her face and Hazel spotted the fresh tears that streamed down her face, "No, I'm not. It's dad...please come to Dumbeldore's office with me. Please."

Hazel didn't say anything as she threw the duvet off her body. She shoved her slippers on and clasped Ginny's hand in hers, pulling the younger girl out of the dormitory and down the stairs into the common room, where - much to Hazel's surprise - Professor McGonagall was standing, a look of pure worry across her face. That's when Hazel spotted both Fred and George standing behind the woman, both of them looking completely puzzled and exhausted.

"Oh, good, you're up," McGonagall said as she noticed the two girls, "Come along," She ordered them softly before guiding the four Gryffindor students out of the common room and into the dark hallways of the school, her wand illuminating the way to Dumbledore's office.

Hazel's hand was still tightly clasped around Ginny's as the young girl sniffled besides her. Her chest was beating loudly in her chest from nerves, she didn't know what had happened but by the urgency in McGonagall's steps and the tears still coming from Ginny's eyes, she knew it wasn't good. 

When they arrived at Dumbledore's office, Hazel spotted Harry and Ron already standing in there. Ron looked exhausted and worried whilst Harry looked like a mess. His hair and clothes were dredged in sweat as his eyes were open wide, his glasses skewed on his face as he looked nervously between the Headmaster and the Weasley children.

"Harry, what's going on?" Ginny asked, her voice soft, "Professor McGonagall said you saw dad get hurt--"

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix," Dumbledore said before Harry could even open his mouth. Hazel's heart broke at the news causing her to squeeze Ginny's hand and grab George's as she carefully listened to the Headmaster's voice, the whole situation causing her to feel more awake than ever, "He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius' house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet your mother there."