81. FUNERAL

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE |

FUNERAL.

TO SAY THAT THE LAST few weeks were chaotic would've been an understatement. There were now three marriages waiting to happen, one baby, one incredibly busy joke shop and one dead Headmaster of Hogwarts. 

Hazel was at the Lupin residence when she heard the news. She was happily chatting away with Tonks when Remus stumbled into the living room, his face pale and shock-stricken as he uttered the words no one thought they would hear, "Snape murdered Dumbledore."

That was almost a week ago. 

Now, Hazel sat in between the twins. She wore a jet black knee-length dress with long sleeves, some black heels that allowed her to reach her fiancé's neck when they were standing up next to one another. Her hand was grasped tightly in George's as she kept her eyes down, a saddened look gracing her features.

The twins wore matching black suits as the trio sat with the rest of of guests at the funeral; which was being held at the Black Lake. The sky was grey and gloomy.

There were more than a hundred of guests; ranging from everyone from the Order of the Phoenix, to the staff and students from Hogwarts, Tom; the landlord of the Leaky Cauldron, the hairy looking bass player from the wizarding band The Weird Sisters, Ernie Prang; the old driver of the Knight Bus, Madam Malkin; the owner of the robe shop from Diagon Alley, even ghosts from the school were present, as well as other people Hazel had never seen before.

Hazel twisted her head to the side as she heard more people arriving, all of them looking around with gloom expressions as they took their seats, not participating in any conversations. The brunette felt George's fingers tracing her knuckles softly, his touch was almost feather-like as he kept his eyes down, his chocolate brown eyes practically super glued to the engagement ring wrapped around her finger.

Hazel felt strangely at peace from the touch, however, that only lasted for a moment. Her mind suddenly began to race as worry rushed into her veins. Now that the most powerful wizard was dead, the wizarding war was surely going to get harder, and it would hit them at full speed.

Her dark eyes finally looked up. She looked past people's shoulders at the murky water of the Black Lake. Squinting her eyes, Hazel was able to make out the shapes of merpeople just beneath the surface of the water, they were singing softly. A song full of loss and despair. 

Suddenly, she felt a nudge to her side, turning her attention to Fred she then looked at where he nodded his head towards. It was the aisle right in the middle of the chairs, right there, Hagrid was walking slowly, Dumbledore's body wrapped in a purple cape was in his large arms. 

Hazel felt a couple of stray tears fall down her cheek as she watched Hagrid gently placing the body down onto a large white stone table. The half-giant then retreated back up the aisle, blowing his nose loudly as he walked over to his seat, earning a few disgusted look from some very posh-looking wizards and witches.

As Hagrid sat down, a short man dressed in a long black robe stood up from a seat right at the front. Hazel watched carefully as the short man made his way behind Dumbledore's body, clearing his throat, the man looked up at the guests as the service finally began.