14. CHOP IT OFF

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

CHOP IT OFF.

HAZEL COULDN'T HELP BUT STILL feel utterly confused. 

Honestly, she wasn't expecting the map to be right; it just seemed insane to think of everyone in that room was actually there. But they were. And she had accidentally stopped the real murderer getting away. 

Harry praised her for it, because if she wasn't there Peter would've definitely gotten free again. Hazel didn't know what to say, she simply nodded her head as her wide eyes looked between the three thirteen-year olds. Hermione of course sent the older Gryffindor a sympathetic smile with a look that told Hazel she'll get the full story later.

"Let's get him to Dumbledore," Remus' voice broke Hazel out of her confused trance. She watched as her father exited the room, his hand wrapped tightly around Peter and his wand pressing into the shorter man's neck; just incase he would try anything.

Sirius and Harry both rushed over to Ron, helping the ginger haired boy stand up. That's when Hazel spotted the large gash on his leg. Hazel walked stiffly besides Hermione, the two girls had their wands out, illuminating the dark Shrieking Shack. 

When they all managed to climb out of the Whomping Willow. Hazel watched carefully as Sirius and Harry set Ron down onto a large boulder, Hermione rushing over to the ginger haired boy to check over his injury.

"What do you think they're going to do to me?" Ron asked, panic lacing his voice as he looked away from his bloody leg.

"I reckon they're gonna have to chop it off," Hazel replied, sending the nervous boy an amused grin.

Hermione turned her head around, sending Hazel a pointed look due to the whines and whimpers that escaped Ron's lips, when suddenly something behind the older girl caught her attention and her eyes widened, "Harry!" Hermione suddenly yelled.

Hazel's amused grin wiped itself off her face when she turned to look behind herself. There -merely a few feet behind her - was her father, clearly in distress. But that wasn't what had worried the girl, her eyes landed on the large moon behind him and her heart picked up its speed.

"Have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked as he rushed over to Remus, "You know the man you truly are, Remus! The heart is where you truly live! Here!" He pressed his palm against Remus' chest, "This flesh is only flesh."

Hazel could feel the tears pricking her eyes. It wasn't that she was scared of her father; because she wasn't. It was the fact that he had to go through this. He had to go through this unimaginable pain every single month. Her eyes widened in horror when the Full Moon's power transformed her father into a werewolf.

"Run!" Sirius shouted, panic laced his voice merely seconds before he transformed himself into a large, black dog. The dog ran over to the werewolf, making sure that it wouldn't run towards the teenagers.

Before they could even blink, Peter Pettigrew started to shrink. He gave the teens one last nasty smile before he disappeared. His clothes falling down onto the ground; empty. Hazel looked at the pile of clothes with both confusion and horror, before letting out a surprised yelp when she spotted a small rat - more specifically, Ron's rat Scabbers - running out from the pile before disappearing in the long grass.

Harry tried to catch him, but the rat was way too quick causing the spectacled boy to curse at himself. Hazel quickly rushed over to Harry, pulling him up as he almost fell down the hill, when suddenly, a large man moved the pair backwards. Hazel's eyes darted towards the figure, her eyes widening at the fact that Snape was now in front of them and he certainly looked pissed.

He opened his mouth - most likely to yell at the teenagers - when the sound of a yelp and a howl grabbed everyone's - even Snape's - attention. The man did the most surprising thing Hazel could think of; he pushed Harry and herself behind his body, shielding them away from the battling werewolf and dog.

Hazel couldn't watch, the mere sounds of her father's werwolf form yelping were hard for her to hear. Sirius' certainly didn't add any comfort either. She finally looked back in their direction when she heard the sound of tumbling bodies and Harry running towards them; the two animals had managed to fall down the hill, and Harry - being the way he is - took it upon himself to run after them. Leaving Hazel, Hermione, Ron and Snape watching in fear.