52. I DON'T CARE

| CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO |

I DON'T CARE.

GEORGE WAS BY HAZEL SIDE as soon as the young witch got discharged by Madam Pomfrey, making sure she was okay. When she had promised him she was fine, he finally grabbed her left hand, his eyes locking on the back of it.

"George," Hazel muttered, snatching her hand away from it as if she had just been burnt, "I'm okay."

"What is that?" He asked, fire raging in his eyes, "Did she do this?"

Hazel felt nervous as she nodded. The movement was so subtle George surely would've missed it if his chocolate coloured eyes weren't glued on the brunette. She didn't reply, but she didn't really need to; her facial expression told George everything he needed to know.

"I'm going to kill her," George suddenly stated, his jaw clenched tightly as he suddenly turned away from his girlfriend, ready to storm away. The only reason he didn't was the fact that Hazel quickly grabbed his arm, keeping him close to her, "George, please don't," She pleaded, her eyes connecting with his.

"Why not?" He asked, his voice eerily calm, "She hurt you, Hazel. She can't get away with this."

"I don't want you getting expelled because of me."

"I don't care if I'm sentenced to Azkaban. If it means that I'm protecting you, I don't care."

"But I do," Hazel told him, her dark eyes suddenly became glazed over, "I do care, Georgie. Because--Because I love you."

George's face softened. His mouth became dry as he looked at his girlfriend, his eyes wide, "W-W-What?" He stuttered, not believing that he heard her correctly.

Hazel bit her lip nervously. Part of was worried that she had said it too early, maybe George didn't feel the same way. But something inside of her made her repeat the statement, "I-I love you, George."

He could feel the nervousness in her voice.

"I-I'm sorry if it's too soon," She suddenly added, her eyes falling down onto the ground, finding that more interesting that anything else, "You don't have to say it back."

George didn't reply. Hazel thought that maybe he slipped away as she stayed in a dazed daydream, but when she felt his fingers softly touch her chin it brought her back to reality. Her dark eyes met with his chocolate ones. He looked at her softly, a wide grin spread across his face, "I love you, too."

"Really?"

George nodded his head, "Yes. I love you, Hazel Lupin," He told her, his eyes still locked on hers. 

She could see that he was being serious and her heart fluttered in her chest. Her stomach did somersaults as her palms became slightly sweaty. She never knew that three simple words could have such an affect on her, yet here she was; almost bursting into tears from the happiness she felt, "I love you too, George Weasley."

George's face looked like it was going to split from the wide smile plastered on it. He didn't waste anymore time and pressed his lips to hers. His hands cupping her face softly as the two of them shared this blissful moment in the middle of an empty hallway.