Chapter 13: Blown Off

Today's my birthday! Almost everyone has wished me a good day, but Mattia. He hasn't talked to me, much less, talked to anyone, but Bri. We had asked me on a date and I agreed. We chose to do it today, not really sure if that's still the plan though..

We're all currently sitting at our lunch table. "So, Bri, how are you and Chris doing?" One of the guys ask.

"Oh, I'm great. I don't know about Chris and quite frankly, I don't really care.."

"Wait hold up.. I thought you guys were a thing?"

"Nope. I have my eyes on someone else..." she says, ruffling Mattia's hair.

Ummm okay. I've had enough of this. I stand up to leave.

"Where you going?" Vic asks me.

"I don't know. Anywhere but here. Bri, we need to talk."

"Mmh no. I think I'm okay." She says, flipping her hair, smirking at me.

At this moment everyone but the person who mattered the most was looking at me.

"... Imma go. Mattia, you haven't really talked to me, but are we still up for later..?"

"Actually, he has plans... with me." Bri joins in.

"... we had this planned for a while now though..."

He still doesn't say anything to me, "okay." I say "I'll catch the rest of you later."

"Wait I'll come." Kai says, getting his stuff.

"Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to be alone."
And with that, I walk off.

I decide to ditch the rest of the class day and get in my car.

-15 minutes later-

I'm currently at some park, sitting on a bench, as it begins to rain. Great.

I run over to my car and turn the heater on low.

-A couple of hours later-

I'm hanging out at Vics house, trying to pick a movie.

"It's your birthday and you're sitting here, doing nothing?"

"I had plans..."

"Right, with Mattia. What where you guys gonna do?"

"It was a date..."

"WHATTT! WTF HAPPENDD!" She shouts.

"Guess he forgot... I don't know, but you heard, he has plans with Bri instead. I guess I was dumb for falling for him.."

"That's not like him... what happened? Like did you guys get in a fight or something?"

"No, he just flipped out yesterday. When in reality, I should have been the one to flip because he was hanging out with Bri. I mean I'm not trying to sound controlling here, but he led me on that we were something more than friends... guess not."

I scroll on insta to see that Bri posted a pic of her and Mattia at the movies. Guess I was wrong to think he and I had something...

Before I know it, Vic and I are finished with the movie. "So, tomorrow..."

"Right, my party.. I don't know if I want to have it anymore.." I say.

"What?! No, you need to! Everyone is already planning on coming! Maybe you'll be able to talk things out with Mattia.. he is coming right..?"

"He promised me that he was, so hopefully..." I respond.

She nods her head and gets us extra blankets. Before we know it we're both asleep...