Chapter 16: New Dude; New Game

- Couple of days later-

"Haha, very funny Kai." I said sarcastically. "Now give me my phone back."

"Mmh lemme think... no." He said smiling, as we were currently running around his house. "You need to move on and have fun again."

"I have though! I'm here aren't I?"

"That doesn't count. Seriously, y/n, you needa get out more..."

"Oh? Tell me more," I said, folding my hands under my chin and batting my eyes at him as a "proceed" sign on the counter.

"Like, I don't know. There's so many more guys that would love to be with you, and you wanna waste all your time on someone who clearly didn't care about you? Sometimes I think you-"

As he finally lost that death grip on my phone, I grabbed it and ran to his room, locking it, and hiding under the blankets.

I knew you could open it from the outside easily so I just waited.. hearing the door creak open, followed by his footsteps.

When I thought he gave up, I start to peak my head out from the blanket to be surprise tackled by Kairi, squishing me on his bed.

"Okay! Okay! Geeze, you're gonna kill me!" I pleaded, trying to catch my breath.

He finally got off and sat next to me. As we just started at each other, until I started to laugh.

"You're crazy. What now?" Kai questioned, still looking at me.

"Nothing..." I began, still laughing, "I just think it's funny how we were all chaotic one minute, and then the next, we're just sitting here in silence."

"He didn't reply, so I stopped laughing. I was greeted with a few more minutes of silence with us staring at each other.

The next thing I know, our lips are crashing into one anothers, me now climbing on his lap.

-1 week later-

Kai and I have been spending almost every minute together. Are we dating? No. He said "there's something in the future, I can feel it." What that means, I don't know. What I do know, is that I'm currently at the store trying to find him a couple snacks.

"Is the box green or red? There's multiple of what you're asking."

"The green box. I like those ones better" he said, through the call.

"Okay, Imma go pay. I'll see you inna bit."

-15 minutes later-

I find a seat on the bleachers at his game. It's their final game, so he was really hyped.

-some time later-

I'm currently trying to get through the crowd of fan girls surrounding the guys.

When I finally get through enough, Kai sees me and helps me out by yanking me towards him.

"Oof" I say, as I hit his chest.

"Sorry, but hey" he said, giving me a hug.

"Umm who is she? IS SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" Some girl shouts, catching the attention of Mattia, who I haven't spoken to since the night of my birthday.

"NO, we aren't together, we're just bestfriends." I say, before I get murdered by the dozen of fangirls surrounding us.

"Mmh, 'okay'"

Everyone continues on with the usual, pcitures, swappinbt snapchats, but I kept catching Mattias eyes on me, causing him to look away quickly.

As Kai begins to hug me, Mattia sees, causing him to gather his stuff rather quickly to leave. Before he does though, Pinto into begins to speak, "PARTY AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT! EVERYONE HERE IS INVITED!"

Great. Knowing Kairi, he's gonna wanna go. Which means.. you guessed it. I'm going.

As if he read my thoughts, "So... we going to this thing or what?!

"Sure." I replied, as we walked to my car. I see Mattia get in his quickly and speed off.

"Someone's eager to go home..." Kai jokingly says. "Okay, so whats the plan for getting there?"

"I could pick you up if you want.. Imma take my car because I think Imma leave a little earlier than usual."

"Okay," he simply replies, smiling.

Man, I swear. This kid will make you smile no matter how upset you are.

-15 minutes later-

"So.." I say, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I know what you're gonna say.. y/n, I know we've been a little closer than usual, but I know you are still in love with Mattia. And if you didn't know you were in fact, "in love", I know the feelings for him are still there. I love you, but I don't mind staying just bestfriends." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Kai.."

"Nope. End of discussion. I know I'm right."

"... I was gonna say I love you so freakin much. How did I ever get so lucky to meet someone like you." I say, finally pulling up to his house, giving him a hug before he got out, and I drove home.

In love? Is that what this feeling is? It can't be. He doesn't even like me, much less even talk to me. Ughhh why did he have to come into my lifeee?!