Chapter 22: Goodbye, Goons

(Y/n POV)
I wake up to my phone blowing up with notifications..

I try to ignore it and go back to sleep, but then my alarm goes off. Ughhhhh

I get up, take a quick shower, and go downstairs to make some coffee before Mattia comes to pick me up.

*ping ping*

I check my phone, more notifications..

I decide to actually see what they're about so that I can have a peaceful morning, without my phone being blown up.

I grab my phone and open Insta... wait what?

I see that I'm tagged in a whole bunch of posts referring to Mattia's live from the night before.
As I watch the video, it starts off with Chris joining Mattia's live, but then..

"Yea, she won't get off my di-" Mattia says, before being interrupted by Chris' laughing.

"Is she sweet?"

"She sweet? Uhh... uHhh.. uhhh, she ight." Mattia replies. "She's.. she's a weirdo."

The video continues going.. "..I told her to join. I don't know if she's gonna join, but she wants this di-"

The video stopped there because they start talk about something else. I read the caption, "Mattia and Taylor? Is something going on?"

Oh what the... my chest starts to hurt a little from the pain of that thought. I know they've been hanging out, but I never thought of their friendship to be something more... Why would he lead me on if they have something...?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as I hear someone drive up, get out, and knock on my front door.. great.

I grab a sweater, and open the door.

"Hey, good morning beautiful" Mattia says, going in for a hug.

I dodge him, and duck under his arms. I get in his car, buckle up, and wait.

"What's wrong, y/n?" He says, while getting in the car.

"So, is everyone meeting at Alvaro's house to go in one car?" I say, completely ignoring his question.

"..Yea"

I don't respond back, just nod my head and look out the window.

-5 minutes later-

"Y/n, can we talk after all of this? I need to tell you something, but I want to talk about it in private..?"

"Mmh" I say, shrugging my shoulders.

Thank God we pull up to Alvaro's house, seeing everyone out there.

"Y/n, is everything okay?"

"I don't know Mattia. Are you and Taylor doing okay?"

"What- what are you t- talking about?"

"Nothing, Mattia." I stop myself from going off on him. "I shouldn't be getting mad, we aren't even together.." I grab my stuff and open the door, "thanks for the ride."

And with that, I get out of the car, and run over to an emotional bestfriend. "Hey bestie" I say, hugging him.

He doesn't speak much, just hugs me back and keeps an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

I see Alvaro and Roshaun walk out of the house, I run up to both of them, engulfing them into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you guys," I begin to cry.

Alvaro, hugs back, but goes to talk to the guys.

Roshaun hugs me, "We're gonna miss you, too."

I stay there, hugging him a little, trying to put positive things in my mind.