Chapter 26: Acquaint

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately. Stuff has been going on, but I'm back now. Anyways, thanks for being patient with me, now back to the story...
——————————————————————————

-At Ale's house-

"STOP!" I scream, as Robert chases me around the house with paint-filled hands. "AHHH! HELP ME!!"

Suddenly, the front door opens...

"Who is it? What's wrong?" Mattia shouts coming through the door, and pulling me behind him protectively.

Before Robert could stop himself, he slams into Mattia, leaving him covered in paint.

"WHAT THE HELL ROBERT!"

"S- sorry, dude! I was chasing y/n, but you showed up out of nowhere!" He tries to explain.

An angry Mattia slowly turns around towards me, leaving me feeling slightly scared...

As soon as he makes eye contact with me, his facial expression changes into sadness.

He doesn't say anything, just quickly storms off to the bathroom.

-5 minutes later-

Robert and I finish up the project we were working on before we got destracted..

Click!

Our attention is caught by the bathroom door opening, revealing a shirtless Mattia.

He heads upstairs, not acknowledging that we were there.

"Hold up, I'll be right back." I tell Robert, before heading up the stairs after Mattia.

As I reach the top of the stairs, I'm caught by surprise as Mattia yells "ALE! WHERE'S MY SHIRT!"

"H- he's outside, talking to Vic.." I say, slowly walking into the room.

"Oh" he simply replies, before finding the shirt he was looking for.

"I'm sorry about earlier," I attempt to apologize, as I go to sit on the bed.

He doesn't say anything, just looks at me quickly then puts on his shirt.

"Mattia," I begin. "Are- are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He replies dryly, before heading towards the door.

"Wait!" I shout, before running in front of him to stop him from leaving. "Can we talk? Please.."

He stops, before looking at me and simply nodding his head.

"Okay." He replies, before sitting on Ale's bed.

I walk over to him, sitting on the bed beside him.

....

"So, are you gonna talk or what? Because I'm tryna get out there."

"Why you gotta be so rude for?" I ask him standing up infront of him.

"I'm not though." He begins to raise his voice. "I'm still in love with you, you're taken by another dude... so we shouldn't be alone together." He shouts, moving his hands until he finishes his sentence and sees me looking at the ground with my hand clasped together. "Y/n?.."

I burst out in tears, remembering what James did to me.

"Whoa! Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you that way-"

I cut him off by hugging him tightly and just crying into his chest.

He stands there taken by surprise for a second, but then holds me tightly.

-5 minutes later-

"Are you ready to talk now?" Mattia asks me for the millionth time, still holding on to me.

I nod my head against his chest, and take a step backwards to fix up myself.

"Come sit with me" he says, as he leads me to the bathroom.

As we walk in, he pats the counter, so I sit on it.

"Let me help you" he says, chuckling a little. Grabbing paper towels, he wets them a little, and starts to clean off my ruined make up. "Okay, so start from the beginning."

I take a deep breath, and tell him everything.

-1 hour later-

"Oh my god! Where's he staying?! I NEED TO SEE HIM NOWW"

"Mattia.."

"NO, Y/N! THAT STUFF IS CRAZY! HE NEEDS TO GET HIS AS-"

"MATTIA!"

He looks at me.

"He- he moved away. We came to an understanding.."

"What? No. Are you dumb?" He grabs my arms, pulling me close to him. "He could be MANIPULATING YOU! OR EVEN WORSE, WHAT IF HE NEVER EVEN LEFT TOWN-"

"Mattia..."

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T TELL ME-"

"MATTIA!" I shout again. "You're- you're hurting me.."

We both look at my now red arms that are being gripped by him.

"I'm- I'm sorry.. I didn't notice.."

"It's okay." I say, grabbing his face, attempting to make him look at me, as I climb on his lap.

He grabs my waist, looking into my eyes for a second, but then looking away again.. "I just can't believe he'd- UGHH HE CAN'T JUST GET AWAY WITH THIS-"

I do the one thing I know that would calm him down...

I kiss him, grabbing his face, and slamming my lips onto his..

At first he's taken by surprise, but then he kisses back, melting into me. I feel his currently tense body loosen up slowly.

"Ahemm.." we hear from behind us.