8

Shen slid down holding his stomach after vomiting nonstop, heaving as he tried to catch his breath. Zhao looked at him with worried eyes and asked "Are you feeling better now?"Shen didn't have the strength so he nodded in reply. Zhao asked again " What happened?" "Ate something bad perhaps" Shen lied calmly after catching his breath. Yunlan could see that he was lying but it wasn't the time to pry out an answer. Yunlan picked up Shen by the shoulder then supported him by placing a hand at his waist as he made his way towards his car. Shen was still dazed while heading towards the parking lot and others followed after him, suddenly Shen pushed Zhao away and placed his body infront of him before Zhao could understand what was happening a car came crashing in high speed and opened fire aiming at them, killing three of his men on the spot. Shen guided Yunlan through the maze like parking lot shadowing and fending off the attackers who were now chasing them while calling Chu for backup, after finding their car he quickly shoved Yunlan inside and started the car. A gunman stood up infront of their car and took a shot aiming Shen's head, Shen took a sharp turn to avoid it but he heard something crash on the window he immediately looked back and his eyes dilated seeing Yunlan bleeding. Zhao hit his head hurt and the cut was deep which was bleeding profusely. Like a madman Shen started driving hitting and running down anything or anyone in his path as their attackers were still chasing them by bikes and cars. Just when Chu picked up Shen's call a loud crash sounded followed by gun shots from the other side of the phone. " Shen Wei what's happening ? Shen Wei ? I said speak up" Chu shouted anxiety evident in his voice.
" We are under attack , Zhao is injured " Shen said panting.

" What about others?"(Chu)

" Three died others are fighting to create a opportunity for us to escape but the attackers are too many in number"(Shen)

"Where are you now ?"(Chu)

"Not familiar with the locality"(Shen)

" Turn on the GPS,We have fitted a tracker in your phone. There's an intersection ahead on your road take a left turn and you will find an over bridge we will meet there in minutes"

Shen did what was told he parked the car in a dark corner and started to  check Yunlan's condition who was unconscious from blood loss, Shen checked his pulse and placed his finger before Zhao's nose to check if he's breathing. He was breathing Shen sighed in relief. He tore the sleeves from his shirt which was soaked with blood by now still he didn't care he started bandaging Yunlan's wound instead, supporting his body in half embrace and tried to wake him up.
" Yunlan ? Yunlan are you alright ? Yunlan open your eyes " Shen's voice started to become urgent as he started patting Yunlan's cheek with force. He checked his pulse again anxiously since he became more and more panicked minute by minute.

Finally Yunlan opened his eyes cursing " You brat stop hitting me are you trying to wake me up or strangle me to death my cheeks ........" He was about speak more but he stopped hearing the sound of laughter.

Shen was gob-smacked at first but seeing Yunlan ranting and throwing tantrum with puffed up cheeks (due to his hitting) and hackles raised like a cat as if someone stepped on his tail he could not hold himself back anymore and burst out in laughter.

Zhao kept staring at him in amazement, this view was so captivating it made him forget everything about the situation he were in drowning him in a world of his own. He felt like pearls were raining down from heaven pure and etheral looking at the youth who for once peeled off his cold facade wholely. Poor Zhao didn't even realize his life started to orbit around a star named Shen Wei. Shen finally stopped laughing breaking Zhao's trance, who immediately smacked the boy to hide his awkwardness " Why the hell were you laughing for ? Are you making fun of me ?"

" I am sorry I didn't mean to I'm just glad that you are ok" Shen replied.

" I'm not going to die that easily."(ZY)

Shen hummed in reply " Because I'll protect you with my life."

Yunlan was caught off guard by Shen's honest confession he didn't manage to speak out anything in reply he could not even laugh which he always did to dodge girl's confession.

Sounds of cars and bikes could be heard zooming in from the distance alerting them both. Someone knocked on the door Shen wasn't sure what should be done in such situation if it were Chu then it's their luck but if it were an enemy they both would die, he could win if it's  close combat but the enemies had guns Zhao has a gun and he is sharp shooter he could fend off the enemies for few minutes but he is injured only chance to win was divide and rule but in this way one had to stay behind and he may not stay alive. It's obvious to him who's gonna stay behind and truth to be told he doesn't regret but still number of enemies were too great Shen's mind was working millions per hour speed. An idea came to his mind he started to ruffle up his hair undid his three shirt buttons unbuckled his belt undid his zipper he placed his finger on Zhao's forehead took some blood and paint it at the corner of his lips then checked himself in rearview mirror  perfect disguise . All the while Zhao was too shocked to utter any word is he gone insane from fear?

Then Shen turned to him and spoke " Can you undo your pant and zipper ?"

"What?" (ZYL)

" Just don't think too much of it please do what I say urgently, hide your face run when you get the opportunity"(SW)

Yunlan did what was said still in shock.

" Perfect"(SW)

Another knock came he took out a Swiss army knife from his back pocket palming it to calm down his nerves then lazily got out of the car breathing heavily as if he was out of breath after some heavy exercise, seeing that it wasn't their people he stretched out his body lazily like a cat and licked his lips seductively then he said in a husky voice pointing towards inside of the car " Sorry my darling here quite a fiesty one and gets cranky if I stop in the middle of doing it you get it what I mean right ...." He slurred. That man came forward after giving him a glance he leaned in to check the people inside Shen also leaned in and slit his throat getting the chance then started firing arbitrarily few died few took cover but he didn't have to wait much as his back up came and he took cover behind the car. Then started one sided war as Chu's men were more in number. After everything cleared up they were immediately escorted back to the head quarters by Chu.

After entering the head quarters Chu asked "So what happened ?"

" We got attacked " Zhao answered not looking at him.

Shen was following them closely when his eyes started to go hazy. His body started to sway his knees became weak as waves after waves of pain came crushing down his body, he knew he was hit by bullets but due to adrenaline rush he couldn't feel the pain now that they were safe his body started to give in. Fuck it hurts like hell he smiled bitterly as his legs gave up.

Zhao looked backwards to tell Shen to hurry up but he dashed towards him watching him fall. When he caught Shen's body in his embrace Zhao's  eyes widened Shen's clothes were soaked in blood. Clacking sound of boots could be heard from the entrance after some time a girl in black leather jacket and pants came into view and stood in front of Zhao and Shen.

" Tch what a loss you had a real gem there it's too rare you know in these time, loyalty I mean" that girl spoke.

" What the fuck you were thinking Yaqing ?" Zhao roared pointing his guns towards her.

" That's what I'm here for." Yaqing replied calmly.

" We don't have time for this " Chu shouted then he picked up Shen from Zhao's arm and left after glaring at Zhao.

Zhao couldn't move his feet he stood there motionless staring at his hand which was covered in Shen's blood, his body heat still lingering on Zhao

I dedicate this chapter to Hanna_optimist for helping me 💞💞😘