12

Chu opened the door of the store house at the back of their office building, stench of dried blood assailed him as soon as he entered . He scanned the area with his eyes in search of the figure he was looking for. His eyebrows immediately scrunched up into a deep frown when he finally found it. Zhao Yunlan was sitting on the floor dyed with dried blood a cigarette hung loosely from his plump lips a cloud of smoke shrouding his body creating an illusion of demon, infront of him a person laid unconscious on the chair. "Boss Zhao it's time" Chu called reverently . Zhao looked at him through hooded eyes tinted red with intoxication and insomnia. It's been 2 weeks like this since Shen's accident Zhao has been living like a mad dog interrogating the captured in morning and spending the night at hospital by Shen Wei's side Chu sighed thinking about this. Zhao's crumpled shirt was stained with blood , hairs disheveled ,hands bruised and battered exhaustion evident from his lifeless eyes totally in contrary to his usual well maintained appearance still he stubbornly insists on doing everything alone. So why Zhao Yunlan pushing himself so hard is he venting his anger for being attacked or is he running away from the guilt even if Chu wanted to know he didn't, taking in the appearance of the person infront of him. Zhao stood up straight despite the alcohol running in his blood stream and left the place with resolute steps. In the bathroom splashes of water could be heard while Yunlan was bathing washing himself from the dried up bloods, he paused stunned when his eyes landed on the hazy reflection of himself in the mirror his face was pale with dark circles around his eyes he momentarily could not recognize what he was watching. Yunlan burst into laughter holding his face in his hands thinking haaaaaaaah I'm so pathetic but it hurts damn hurts I neither can sleep nor eat, whenever I try that pesky brat comes to my mind  .
Zhao sat down on the couch with a glass of whiskey in his hand after changing into a fresh set of clothes handed by Chu. Chu watched him and said " You should take some rest. Today I'll watch over Shen I'll immediately call you if there's an emergency."Zhao looked at him annoyed " I'm fine how many times I've to tell you."Chu shut his mouth but couldn't suppress the urge to ask the questions that he wanted to know about badly. So he asked again " Aren't you being too much concerned about that boy ?"
Zhao answered with a hint of anger in his voice " What do you mean ?"
" You are being too much reckless since Shen got hospitalized and if you care about that boy so much why you arranged for that damn ambush ?" Chu countered angrily. Zhao also got angry but he composed himself sipping his whiskey nonchalantly as he started to explain " A few months back when I was checking the company papers I noticed that few of our legal businesses are having losses when I looked into it deeply it seems that money is being siphoned out not only that it's linked to father's company" Chu stiffened Zhao noticed it but decided to ignore and continued " I know that our relationship is not typical father son relationship but he is not that ruthless who would try to harm me so there must be something more than what meets the eye. So I gambled and tried to kill two birds with one stone and in my defense I told Yaqing to use fake bullets". " But you still didn't answer why are you so concerned about that boy it's not the first time you are going to face someone's death besides you have only known him for just more than a month" Chu persistently tried to pry. " Of course I care about him I saw his talent firsthand he is the greatest pawn at my disposal besides he is my little doll I like to play dress up with nothing more. You would get attached even with a stray dog if you spend all of your time with him while he is still human". Chu sighed thinking how much are you going to delude yourself Zhao thinking that he is just a sacrificial lamb for you when it can be clearly seen you care about him too much.

🙇🙏I'm sorry for the short chapter and delay in update. It happened due to the power outage because of the cyclonic disaster🙏🙇