21

The usual rush hour in the cafe was already over turning the overall atmosphere quite relaxing . Ling Jin finally got hold of Daqing and dragged him in a alley next corner little far from the cafe .

Daqing threw away Ling's hand, hissing he said through clenched teeth " Can't you be little careful with your strength ?"

" Stop making unnecessary fuss and tell me about what happened yesterday ." (LJ)

" I don't know what are you talking about" (DQ)

" Don't you dare pretend that you don't remember " Ling Jin said exasperated.

Daqing hesitated abit because he should not be the one to share the information about Yezun , after spending so many days with him even Daqing was not able to learn anything much about Yezun's brother .

Seeing that Daqing wasn't replying Ling Jin finally lost his patience " Fine if you are not going to say anything I'll ask Yezun myself."

Daqing in a hurry grabbed his arm stopping Ling in his track " Stop wait I'll speak so don't go . "

Ling Jin stopped then motioned with eyes to speak up . Daqing took a large breath then started " But before I tell you anything you have to promise one thing no matter what you'll keep everything to yourself and never mention anything Infront of Yezun as you have seen yesterday I don't want him to suffer like that."

At that Ling Jin nodded showing his agreement.

Daqing satisfied started speaking after that " First of all what you should know is that Yezun wasn't from my city , granny I guess you know about her ?"

Ling Jin nodded affirmatively.

Daqing sighed then continued " Granny found him on the road wounded and took him in. He never spoke to anybody he would always spend time absentmindedly looking at a distance , I used to live in the neighborhood and often stayed with granny so I also accompanied him. Every night he used to have nightmares and in those times he would always call a name Wei . As the time passed by and he felt more comfortable around us after asking about the name we learned that it's Shen Wei his twin brother."

Ling Jin surprised as he was still could not stop but frown " That's it ?"

Daqing exhaled a long sigh as he said " Yeah that's all I know , he never spoke about his parents or anything else except few words about his brother and from the look of it he never liked it when we asked him about such things so we thought maybe he is orphan and didn't want to pry "

Han Chan was walking towards the cafe it's been weeks he could not come here so today when he got a little time off he immediately took the chance. He saw two figures at the end of the when he realized who they were he walked towards them to greet but stopped in his step watching them arguing about something . He heard them mentioning something about Yezun so immediately he started listening attentively when he listened to the end his step faltered Yezun has a brother not only that he is his twin . He silently stood there thinking how many secrets have you kept hidden Yezun . He waited until those boys left then he stepped towards the café.

Zhao Yunlan sat on a bench next to Shen Wei enjoying the sunshine he felt peaceful . Shen Wei already reverted back to his usual cold self with a expressionless face as if everything was an illusion that he saw inside the room. He took out some food containers. " Eat something before I leave " Yunlan said while he handed the porridge to Shen. Wei stopped after opening the container although it was simple food still he could see the thoughtfulness behind it , porridge was light with thinly sliced meat and scallions and the aroma wafted from it made it extra appetizing . Zhao was watching from the side thinking that Shen might not like the food so he explained as if coaxing a child " You just woke up and eating heavy food will cause discomfort so just make do with this . I promise after you recuperate fully we'll celebrate and you can eat whatever you want ."

Shen was amused watching his actions he was already happy with what he got but he felt extra happy now that Zhao was painstakingly trying to feed him. He interrupted Zhao saying " Boss there's no need food is great and when I recuperate I'll cook so choose whatever you want to eat ."

Zhao grinned and replied " Ok "

After Shen finished his food Zhao cleared all the things and was about to leave but then paused. He took out a box from his pocket and placed it on Shen's lap . Shen opened it inquisitively and his eyes widened a little Zhao spoke from the side " I found it when you collapsed that day, this knife is quite old model but still you kept it is it that important ? Or it's related to that important person you lost long ago ?"

Shen clenched his fingers in a fist to hide it's trembling then he looked straight at Zhao's eyes as he spoke
" It's a souvenir of my first kill and no it's not related to that person "

Zhao smirked thinking Shen was lying to him so he asked " Whom did you kill ?"

Shen's delicate lips were etched with a vicious smile as he replied in a monotonous voice " My mother and stepfather "

I want to thank my two friends Hanna_optimist and user10999131 for giving me ideas when I got stuck with the story