11

" Chu gather our men, we are going for hunting and Yaqing stay here call me in emergency" Zhao ordered as he walked out of Shen's private room. Chu gave a sinister smile that's all he wanted to hear for so long " Let's hunt some Wang dogs".

It was almost afternoon when Han Chan decided to leave the cafe leisurely after spending some relaxing time. He smiled thinking about the warning he got from Mr. Ling " Don't push that kid too much he suffered a lot and still struggling all by himself because he doesn't want to burden others. Maybe I'm not a police officer but I'm an old man I have more experience dealing with people. Yezun had a troubled past it's true but sometimes past doesn't define the person but the path they take in the future." "It looks like that old man got quite attached to that kid in such short time and also have some high opinion. Well we'll see about that" he whispered to himself heading towards home.

In another city peaceful evening got interrupted with continuous firing of guns at a little distance Zhao was smoking cigarettes calmly, his long legs stretched out relaxingly on the hood of the car as if he was enjoying fireworks only the number of cigarettes could explain his inner turmoil as stubs kept piling up on the ground . Chu was standing by his side silently observing him.

" Chu tell the kids to keep some alive for me, don't kill all them " Zhao said whining like a child who seems anxious that his favorite lollipop is going to be out of stock soon.

" Aren't you being a little too much reckless ? We are in the enemy territory " Chu warned.

"Oh come on Chu I almost lost my life I'm allowed to go overboard besides I didn't even gone after their young master yet " Zhao replied, arrogant smirk tugging his plump lips.

Chu scoffed sometimes he really wanted to wipe that smirk off that arrogant face.

Since that day Han Chan was visiting the cafe almost everyday making the old man irritated but of course he can't say anything because Han was a customer Mr. Ling didn't want to spoil his cafe's image by being rude. He strictly instructed the employees to politely avoid the questioning of that police officer. Han could understand but it didn't bother him because he really started enjoying the relaxing atmosphere there. He would sometimes bring books or case files analysing them in peace while sipping coffee. Today was also not different he walked in and came face to face with Yezun wearing party cap while singing happy birthday for a little girl who readily ran into his arms giggling with joy while Daqing and Ling Jin placed the cake before them Yezun leaned down a little so that the little girl could blow the candles. Daqing naughtily sneaked some cream on the little girl's nose and being the mother hen of the group Ling Jin scolded him making the surrounding people burst into laughter. It was the first time he saw Yezun laughing and being childish without restraint. Han couldn't hide his smile. After visiting this place almost everyday his perception about Yezun literally changed a lot and he was not suspicious about him anymore, that boy is indeed a good seedling kind, understanding, caring, reserved with strong sense of justice if he excludes the part when he was being flirtatious, mischievous. Another thing that caught his eyes was that Yezun was a smooth talker even at this young age he was sure that in future that boy would be a lady killer. Yezun came to take his order " The usual "Han Chan replied without letting him talk. " You know Officer if I didn't know you I would have thought you are a stalker" Yezun said to provoke him intentionally. In his answer Han Chan hooked his fingers and signalled him to come closer then he whispered in Yezun's ear " What if I said Yes ?" Yezun's eyes widened but instead of being flustered he winked and said "My pleasure" with that he left.

It was evening and still Han Chan was busy checking and rechecking the evidences that he gathered for the case that got him suspended whatever he did he just couldn't erase the crying face of that girl who got scarred for life . He sighed closing his eyes while kneading his temple, suddenly a cup of steaming hot coffee with some cakes landed on his table and a smiling face appeared infront of him. Han Chan's mood immediately brightened up and a smile also graced on his face although he's gonna never admit that. " So Mr. Han you have been sighing alot these days over these same papers" Yezun started.
" You've been observing me ?" Han Chan asked. " Aren't you doing the same ?" Yezun countered. Han chuckled " Fine stop " he said waving his hands. " So tell me what's bothering you ?" Yezun asked again. Han Chan sighed again " I'm checking the evidences of the case I was working on past few months hoping for some miracle so that I could put that second generation young master behind  the bars again". Yezun's eyes turned cold in hostility and Han noticed it clearly. Yezun calmed down and asked " Why bother ?" Han Chan replied looking outside the window " I want to bring justice to the victim". Yezun scoffed " You are not strong enough." Han Chan looked at him questioningly Yezun continued " You are too straight forward your method would have been good if you had authority but you don't. You should set a series of traps, learn about their weaknesses then wait for them to fall on their own willingly, catch them in action and expose them in public" with that said Yezun left and Han Chan sat there like a fool.

I dedicate this chapter to Hanna_optimist and JigyasaSharma2 thanks for helping me 😘😘😘