14

Yezun was cleaning up the tables as it was the quite time of the day comparably less busy than other time with few customers here and there. Suddenly a name from the local breaking news caught his attention, it was none other than officer Han Chan who was being praised and commended for his achievements after unearthing the evidence of corruption of the politically influenced Su family and also their connection with the underworld. It was not his first time seeing Officer Han but when he witnessed Han Chan's dignified figure standing straight in uniform with his head held high Infront of the thousands of reporters and constant flashes of cameras speaking each word without any hint of hesitation or fear this scene invoked a great sense of respect towards that person. Ling Jin and Daqing stood beside him. " Aren't you paying too much attention to that officer ? I thought you hate law enforcers" Lin Jing spoke up, after staying with Yezun for over a month he was privy to some stories related to the said boy's past. He was being tested by Yezun but it was not suspicion it was fear, fear of being rejected of friendship, Ling Jin could tell that clearly because being an introvert he was much more sensitive to other people's emotions so he made it clear to Yezun and Daqing that they will always be his brothers.  " Aiiyaa what can I do he is too handsome to be ignored" came Yezun's answer with a mischievous smile making Jin back away cringing at the over flirtatiousness in Yezun's voice. "Are you turning gay for him now ?"Daqing inquired hoping he could irritate Ling Jin more. Yezun could easily understand what Daqing was upto so he played along " For him anytime " over exaggerating his action with a dreamy expression. " Whatever you do in personal life doesn't matter to me but stop playing with fire, the path you are taking runs in parallel with his" Ling Jin stated solemnly. " Do you think I don't know but leave those serious talks for later. Tell me shouldn't you be proud of yourself ? Your hacking skills could bring justice to many people and turned in many corrupted personnels to jail instead of wasting your time daydreaming about your crush" Yezun said wiggling his brows playfully. Ling Jin turned red in embarrassment and in a hurry to leave that place he bumped into a customer landing hard on his butt while his two shitty friends were laughing their heads off. Han Chan stood still instead of helping that poor boy taking in and memorizing each and every details of that laughing boy who was mature yet naughty, reserved yet flirty. Yezun has a complex personality but each one mesmerized him and pulled him towards that boy like magnet, now he could fully accept without any reservations the fact that he was attracted to the boy no he was obsessed with the boy. He tore off his admiring gaze from that boy and helped Ling Jin to stand up. " How fortunate we are to be graced with the presence of our Highness" Yezun said while bowing courteously. " Someone is in great mood today " saying this Han Chan took his seat. " Brother Chan what are you saying you are famous now and being your favorite cafe it's a very good opportunity for our business. Your usual order right I'll immediately fetch it for you " Daqing fled away pulling Ling Jin along with him leaving Yezun alone to deal with the officer. Yezun cursed looking at the fleeing back of those so called trusted comrades. Han Chan smiled amused knowing all too well why those youngsters ran away but he didn't withheld he spoke up " Come sit down let's have a chat you don't have much customers right now anyway " without leaving any scope to deny his offer. Yezun obediently sat down. Han Chan laughed softly while saying " Why are you making that face like you are going to be scolded I just wanted to thank you for the information that you handed me over few days back". Yezun's face immediately lit up " Don't flatter me Brother Han all the credit should be yours because only you showed the courage to take up such risk when most of other police officers would have rejected it". Han Chan smiled and said " Still I'm curious how did you collect those infos ". " That's my little secret " Yezun winked while smiling. " Because I know you well I won't ask more but I would not let you off if you risk your life " Han Chan spoke sternly making Yezun's eyes wide with surprise. " Here's your order brother Han " Daqing said after placing the order on the table breaking the awkward atmosphere. Daqing heard everything so he signalled Yezun with his eyes asking what happened. Han Chan noticed their little exchange of glances and cleared his throat then he said " I want to thank you guys properly, tomorrow is my day off so I want to take you guys to entertainment park what's your opinion ?" Daqing immediately jumped up in agreement and looked at Yezun and Ling Jin who was hovering nearby eavesdropping. Yezun nodded in agreement while Ling Jin started talking like an adult " Although I don't have time for such things but I guess I don't have any options being the matured one in the group I have to watch over these kids." " Huh mature and you ? Who's still afraid of sleeping alone after watching horror movie. Why don't you try to be honest just for once " Daqing chipped in shattering Lin Jing's mighty image.

Shen Wei's eyes fluttered open all he could see was white hazy vision of his surroundings. He blinked several times and saw the white ceiling of the hospital, he tried to sit up but winced in pain then something black and fuzzy at the side caught his attention. When his vision finally cleared up he was taken aback by the sight before him, he never expected or dreamed that the first person he'll see would be the person who almost killed him. He smiled bitterly as memories poured in.