26

Zhao watched silently as Xinchi and Shen stood in stalemate with their eyes locked on each other . The defiant and prideful eyes of Shen held the gaze of Xinchi without backing down who was far older than the teenager , to Zhao it was so thrilling that he could not help but applaud his little doll in heart .

Watching the situation getting tense Chu cleared his throat signalling Zhao to reign in his lone wolf  . It made Zhao grin like a Cheshire cat , looking at Chu with his prideful eyes twinkling in provocation as if saying    look and behold this my Shen Wei   my sword my shield who fears none . Then he stretched out his hand and placed it on Wei's nape while his thumb rubbed against the smooth skin of Shen's delicate neck making his whole body shudder as if electrocuted by the feathery touches , immediately dissipating the frigid air surrounding his body making the drastic change clearly visible to the naked eye .

Zhao's fingers exerted little pressure , signalling Shen to back down while his lips uttered " This is the new rookie member of our group Shen Wei " . At the words uttered by Yunlan realization dawned onto Shen and he immediately bowed down cursing himself for openly challenging the big boss of the house .

Xinchi watched everything , his eyebrows arched up in amusement as he replied with a knowing smile " A mere rookie you say ??  So what is a little rookie who is still wet behind the ears doing in such gathering ? By the way I heard that you almost wiped out the Wangs and gave bounty to kill their heir just to avenge . . . . . " his words trailed off .

Shen frowned , he didn't mind being called out by Xinchi but the unfinished words with a hidden meaning bothered him 
what does that old man wants to say Yunlan his son was attacked by those Wangs doesn't he care about his own son or there's something else ? Shen thought but soon straightened up suppressing his inner turmoils . Yunlan's face darkened making Xinchi grin like a Cheshire cat in triumph but contrary to his expectations Zhao didn't back down . With a sinister smile hanging on his lips he replied
" I'm just returning their favour , 
     didn't you teach me to always repay other's kindness FATHER ? " emphasizing on the last word he stopped . Xinchi smiled brilliantly , patting Zhao's shoulder he said " Good  very good my boy has grown up but remember not to overdo it , Wangs are business partners after all   if they all die how can I get the money that I owe "saying this he turned serious and motioned Zhao towards a private seating area " let's discuss some issues ".

Yunlan nodded in agreement but before following after Xinchi he halted and turned towards Shen who was also about to follow behind him . " Shen Wei " Zhao called stopping the teenager in his steps " since it's your first time just enjoy the party no need to follow me " finishing the words he turned around and left , leaving Wei cemented at his steps with his thoughts . Wei didn't like crowded places much and he knew with Zhao's sharp eyes he didn't miss it either so why Yunlan said him to mingle with people he never met  unless he wants to use Shen as bait since he is the closest to the boss even sharing same roof also today's entry speaks a volume about his status in Zhao's heart , understanding dawned onto him making his lips arch up slightly in a smile  which is very unlikely of his age , malicious and ruthless .

That smile caught Yunlan's attention making his body shudder in excitement as he was watching everything from the semi private lounge where he sat . He smirked knowing full well that Wei understood what he meant by his words , ahh my little doll is really a gem  he thought licking his full lips as his eyes shone dangerously . " Already missing your little pet ?" an annoyingly honeyed voice called out to Zhao interrupting his thought . Yunlan's brows furrowed recognizing the voice while anger bubbled up in his chest hearing the word used for Shen but when he turned around to face the said person his smile didn't falter a bit " Yes . He is the most beautiful isn't it ? "

Wearing a black satin dress with plunging neckline and precious jeweleries his father's new bed-warmer  Jin LuLu laughed mockingly " but can your pet satisfy you ? if not don't hesitate to find me " her last sentence was hardly  a whisper as she leaned over towards him showing off her snowy mounds . Yunlan smiled as his eyes flickered mischievously , stretching his tongue he licked his lips  seductively as if reminiscing the passionate moments he shared with the said PET then unhurriedly replied without mincing his words " virgin hole is obviously better than some overly loose one ."

Lulu's face turned red in anger , fingers tightening around the wine glass    she was about to splash the content over Zhao but her hand got caught in an iron grip , she turned her head to lash out on the owner of the hand but froze when she found it was none other than Zhao Xinchi . With a smile that didn't reach the eyes Xinchi took the wine glass out of her hand while his other hand slithered around her waist he said dotingly " lulu must have drunk too much she should take some rest . Right ?" Shiver ran down through her spine looking at the cold eyes boring hole in her skull . Lulu gulped then spoke nervously " yes yes darling you are right , I'm feeling little dizzy " after making excuse she ran away . The atmosphere turned awkwardly silent , people present in that situation didn't dare to speak because they knew how much that little concubine was doted by Xinchi but a chuckle broke the silence drawing everyone's attention to the unruly prince of Zhao empire .