20

The next morning when Yunlan came to hospital he saw Shen Wei was already awake. He was gazing outside the window lost in thoughts, he was so immersed that he didn't even realize when Yunlan came in. Zhao frowned seeing Shen so unguarded, he chided from the side " What are you thinking about so intently ?" Shen slowly turned his face blinking innocently as if still in trance. Looking at Shen's reaction Zhao didn't know whether to laugh or cry. " What happened to you ? Didn't my doll sleep well yesterday night ?" Zhao asked caressing Wei's hair .

Shen Wei instead of answering asked him a question " Boss what should someone do if he lost someone very important and don't know whether that person is alive or dead ? "

Yunlan was startled hearing this he never expected such questions coming from Shen Wei. Yunlan was never good in such emotional stuffs, he who was born and raised in mafia family loosing someone was a very trifle matter so how can he answer such question. Zhao felt very complicated , from the slight tremors in Shen's voice he was hundred percent sure it wasn't about someone else but Wei was talking about himself. Shen Wei who was always cold towards people and kept them at arms length who never put anyone in his eyes except Zhao Yunlan himself , whom the person might be to effect him so deeply. Suddenly he felt stuffy this feeling he doesn't like it at all. In one hand he didn't want to answer him but on the other hand he couldn't deny Shen's expectant gaze so he opened his lips but unfortunately he could not utter any words to comfort the boy.

This wasn't what Shen Wei expected he slowly lowered his head. His face which never failed to hide his emotions today it failed miserably. Sadness and heartache shrouded his little figure as tear drops fell from his eyes. Zhao became speechless  what the hell is happening today he cursed himself. He then started stroking the boy's back to soothe him as he softly spoke " Don't cry don't cry, you know that I'm not good with emotional talks and nobody ever asked me such questions."

Hearing this Shen Wei raised his head in a choked voice he asked " Then tell me the answer ?" The corners of  his eyes which were still red from crying and adding his quivering little lips with it made him look extremely pitiful. Yunlan became speechless as he stared at Wei with wide eyes for few minutes what in the world is going through in that little devil's mind is he doing all these deliberately but it doesn't seem like that. Shen Wei wasn't someone who would show his weak point so easily. Yunlan felt entangled in his own emotions and thoughts should he give him sugary lies or speak out the harsh truth . After thinking a lot he thought it was better to crush his expectations because it would not hurt much later on if he face the cruel reality of death.
That's what he thought he would do but when he faced Shen Wei his cold heart dwindled. Looking at the teen who was desperately trying to grasp a ray of hope through his answer he could not utter those pessimistic thought of his mind. Yunlan huffed a laugh my doll is really something. Yunlan hugged him as he caressed his hairs and back as he started speaking " That person should'nt lose hope and keep on searching for his most important person ".Wei buried his face in Yunlan's chest and nodded slightly his slender fingers clutched onto Zhao's shirt. Yunlan let him be and kept soothing him as he thought to himself Shen is a very realistic person he probably knew the chance of meeting that person dead or alive still he could not accept it so he asked me but how could I blame him he is just a teenager, peers of his age are arguing about which video game should they buy when Shen is handling real guns and knifes . After thinking like this he didn't hate this childish Shen rather his heart felt warm it's truly a beautiful feeling to be relied on but he didn't notice that the feeling he was talking about it was what he feared the most . 

" Although I would love to spoil you some more but unfortunately I don't have much time unlike you I have lots of work to do" Yunlan chided.

" Sorry " said Shen as he straightened up.

" It's ok. I never saw you acting spoiled so it was also refreshing to me but don't forget once you recover I'm going to make you work to the bones for the past month" Yunlan scolded Shen.

Shen agreed while laughing.

" Doll let's go outside and have some fresh air. Aren't you getting bored cooped up in this room? " Saying this Yunlan bend down and scooped up Wei in his arms. Shen stiffened from this sudden closeness as his heart started hammering against his chest. He shifted a little afraid his erratic heart-beat would be heard by Yunlan. His heart finally calmed down when Yunlan placed him on a wheelchair but the pinkish tint on his face gave him away.

Yunlan chuckled and pinched his face " What are you embarrassed about brat ?" Shen frowned and glared at him but with his blushing face he didn't look fierce at all rather he looked like a fluffy little kitten baring his teeth. Yunlan didn't get discouraged at all instead he started laughing.

Shen aggrieved spoke up
" Boss don't make fun of me".

" Hah! You little devil what are you talking now ? Who's the one that shamelessly hugged me and wiped his snot and tears on my shirt ?" Yunlan fired back.

Shen could not refute this and lowered his head as his whole face turned red in embarrassment.

" Ok ok I won't bully you anymore let's go " saying this he headed towards the elevator to take Shen Wei ouside garden.

Friends if there's any mistake or words missing somewhere tell me right away I'll make the correction immediately. Thanks for sticking with  the story and not giving up on me.