Chapter 3: Questions

Roman POV

After Junior had locked the door, he quickly walked past us, with a bit of a worried face. He motioned with his hand that we should follow him and so we did. Junior then walked back, grabbed me suddenly by the shoulder and dragged me towards the couch.

Junior: "Lay him down here carefully. Where did you say you found him?"

Ivan: "The docks. What do you think happened to him?"

Junior: "Well, given the storm last night, he could've been thrown of a ship in last night's storm, which would explain these wounds, but not the scars he has here."

Junior pulled the collar of the boy's shirt down and revealed a few huge scars. Or well, can you even call it a shirt? It has more holes than fabric, that much is clear. Whatever happened to him, it sure wasn't exactly pleasant.

Denise: "What do you think happened then?"

Junior: "I think he couldn't have done much about why. But if he's still alive, I think most of all we should do something about those wounds and patch him up a bit. Maybe he can tell us what happened himself if everything will go as we hope it will. Roman, get some bandages. Ivan, go to the bathroom upstairs, get some towels. Denise, please go get some water."

We all did as he said and soon we were back again with everything Junior had asked for.

Junior: "Alright, we'll start by removing his shirt and taking care of everything there. Roman, put some bandages on those wounds on his arms."

I started doing what Junior told me to do and was absolutely shocked to see what I had ended up with after I did his first arm, the left one: it was basically one big bandage. This kid had wounds everywhere, not to mention all those scars... What the fuck happened to him?! As I was about to start putting bandages on his right arm, one of the wounds on that arm went open and started bleeding a lot. It's a miracle he still has blood in him, with all those wounds, how did he not bleed out completely?

Roman: "Shit! Junior, he's bleeding!"

Junior: "Ivan, towel!"

Ivan grabbed the first towel and Junior and me lifted the boy up so Ivan could place the towel on the couch under him so the couch wouldn't get full of blood. I mean, Junior already had police visitors a couple of times due to a few guys hanging around in that club of his. If the police would see all the blood here, he'd definitely be under investigation for some murder case they were unable to solve until now. I bandaged the right arm of the boy quickly, in an attempt to stop the bleeding. I even can say I somewhat succeeded: although the bandages were red, no blood was leaking out anymore. After we were done, we wrapped his torso in another towel and gave him a blanket, so he could rest on the couch a bit. I checked his pulse again and it was still there, meaning he would probably survive all of this.

Denise: "Hang on a second... Why did you need me to get a glass of water? We didn't even use it."

Junior: "It's for when he wakes up. Put it on the table please. Now, let's leave him to sleep a bit until he wakes up. Roman, could you stay with him?"

Roman: "I still got Neo to take care of though, no matter how much I'd like to keep an eye on this kid."

Junior: "Oh yeah, I forgot... Well, I assume you two would rather try to get some money for that crate somehow, but please stay around for an hour so I can clean up some things in the club and then I'll stay around here again."

Ivan: "Alright, alright, I'll do that, don't worry... But I can't stay for longer than an hour, so if you're not back by then we'll leave and he'll be on his own. Understood?"