Chapter 28: Weekend

(Y/N) POV

Today was weekend, Saturday to be more precise. The first week of school at Beacon had just ended and to be honest, it was okay. Nothing that great, but perhaps that has got something to do with the extremely high expectations something like Beacon already has attached to it, for example simply for the name Beacon itself. I mean, you can say whatever you want, but this school has quite the reputation. That's no reason to act like a dick about it though, like team CRDL seems to be doing. Acting as if they're better than anyone because they're humans going to Beacon... Morons.

Syd: "(Y/N)! Time to leave! Are you coming?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, hang on, just gotta tie my shoelaces."

We were planning to go back home for a bit today and tomorrow too. After all Ozpin agreed on us being able to do that, still making music. Just not doing tours and such or any official releases. And to be honest, I don't really mind it. As of now, because I just tied my shoelaces, we're leaving for the bullhead with our instruments. Except for Dan, because he left his drums at home. And I don't think they'd fit into the dorm that comfortable either, so that's probably for the best too. I walked to the others, case with my guitar in it in my hand and my scroll in the other.

Syd: "Everybody ready?"

(Y/N): "Yep."

Stan: "Of course."

Dan: "You can count on it!"

Syd: "Well, let's go then."

We walked out of our dorm, closed the door behind us and started walking through the hallways towards the landing pads. This wasn't going to happen in one run of course. Because Neo spotted us and ran towards us. She typed something quickly and showed it time, causing me to stop walking so I could properly read it.

Neo: 'Where are you guys going?'

(Y/N): "We're going back home for a bit."

Neo: 'But don't you have to make homework now and all of that stuff?'

(Y/N): "Well, we're allowed to spend the weekends like this, Ozpin told us so. If anyone's going to whine or complain about homework, we'll take them to him and it'll all be sorted out probably."

Neo: 'Oh ok... Well, have fun!'

(Y/N): "Thanks, enjoy your day too!"

Neo POV

I watched (Y/N) and his friends walk away and couldn't help but feel a little sad. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to go to the cinema with me today... Perhaps as a date... Perhaps not... But that won't be happening now I'm afraid. I walked back to the dorm and I think Cinder noticed I felt down a bit.

Cinder: "Hey Neo, what's the matter?"

I got my scroll out and typed something quickly as a response to her.

Neo: 'Oh, nothing much, don't worry about it. Come on, we need to do homework as the 'true students' we are.'

Cinder: "Are you sure you're fine?"

I nodded, but she didn't seem to buy it.

Cinder: "You don't seem all that fine to be honest. I'm sorry if you are fine and I'm just assuming thins wrong here, but just tell me if something is wrong, okay?"

I nodded again and this time she did actually accept the reply. While me, Emerald and Mercury started with the homework, Cinder first had to do something on that laptop of hers. 'Personal business for the big day' she said and we just saw that as a signal to let her do what she needed to do now.