Chapter 20: On An Island

(A/N): When people are messaging on their scrolls, the conversation will be between 'these', but not in italics. So, before you think there's some weird telepathic shit going on and I just didn't tell or let you know, don't worry, it's just people on their scroll again. That having been said, enjoy the chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd POV

Somewhere in the kingdom of Vale, a small bus was on a transport boat to the island known as Vale. Inside the bus were a band and a team from Beacon, team RWBY. And currently, the mood wasn't as great as one should hope it would be on a trip like this, where you're relatively close to each other, for a relatively long time.

Dan: "For the final time, shut up! No one likes your jokes, except you!"

Yang: "I will never shut up!"

Weiss: "I'm starting to regret joining in on this trip..."

Ruby: "Come on, Weiss, don't say such things please! It'll be fun in the end, I promise you!"

Weiss: "*sigh* I just hope so..."

(Y/N) POV

It was getting dark slowly outside. It's a good thing we left relatively early in the morning, since otherwise it would've been really dark already when we arrived at Patch. And besides, we wanted to see some of the island itself too. It's supposed to be a nice place to relax a bit and that wasn't exactly the most unwanted thing to do. We'd been touring around the kingdom of Vale, and even a gig in Mistral and one in Atlas, for the past few weeks and it's exhausting. Not just to me, to Syd, Dan and Stan too. Normally, we'd have a gig on day 1, another one on day 2, basically a gig a day. But tonight was different: we had the night off. Perfect for resting a bit.

Ruby: "Weiss, I promise you it'll be worth it!"

Weiss: "It better be, otherwise I'd have sat here in the smell of Dan's farts for nothing."

Dan: "Oh come on, we all know it was just who let that one slip away!"

Syd: "What are you two, toddlers?"

I guess the relaxation has to wait for a bit still, sadly enough. Almost everyone seemed to be annoyed by something and I was no exception. However, I said almost, because I may not be the exception, someone else was. Blake was quietly reading in the corner, minding her own business, not even seeming to have realised everyone was fighting. Now that's impressive. I decided to walk over to her, to see how she was doing. I mean, it's always better than listening to Dan and Weiss argue about farts of psycho blondie making bad puns. Yeah, I still call her that now and then. Old habits die hard and besides, it's one of the most fitting nicknames in history.

(Y/N): "Hey... How are you doing?"

Blake looked up, almost a bit shocked as if I was a purple floating Ursa who just asked her if she'd seen a million dollars and a balloon. Maybe she was just so busy with her book that she forgot everything else was actually going on around here. Now I think of it, such a thing could be quite handy.

Blake: "Well, I'm fine... Just not sure about all of this, you know. Going to some random island without a place to stay... [mumbling and IDK what's being said actually]."

(Y/N): "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't know if this all was such a good idea either. By the way, what was that last part of what you said? I didn't hear it well enough to understand what you were saying, sorry."

Blake: "Oh, it wasn't of much importance, don't worry about it."

An awkward silence then took its place next to us, as if it was a friend we hadn't seen in a long time, ready to catch up on some news. Or well, silence, there was always still the stuff the others said.