Chapter 5: Take Your Worries Away

(Y/N) POV

I was walking somewhere and I had no clue where whatsoever. Despite me having a good vision in the dark normally, it was so dark that you could barely see anything. If you looked up at what I assumed was the sky, no stars, no sky, not a single sound that would make it seem that you're outside. Yet, the cold was there. The cold of outside, a feeling I can recognize very easily. I decided to start walking, since otherwise, you'll get nowhere and the cold will only have a bigger impact. I walked for only a few steps, before bumping into something. Probably a wall and it hurt a lot.

(Y/N): 'Dammit... Why is there a wall here so sudden? I wish there some light around here so I can see where I'm actually going... Would help a lot also to determine where I am...'

After feeling where the wall was with my hands, and probably looking like a mime player, I found what seemed to be the end of it, a long way to the left. I started walking again, before suddenly, the ground just seemed to vanish under me. No sound, it just disappeared. I fell down, but not for long, as I soon hit the ground. It must've been stone because it hurt a lot to fall on it and it felt cold. Almost like the basement... No, it can't be... I walked further and tripped over something. Trying to feel where it was with my hands. I found something and grabbed hold of it. A closer inspection of this item revealed it to be a...

(Y/N): 'A flashlight! Nice, just what I needed. I wonder if it's working...'

I tried to turn it on and sure enough, light appeared. At least I have a light in the darkness now. I shone around the space I was in now and it all seemed so familiar. As if I had just been here yesterday or so. But I couldn't quite put my hand on why it all looked like that to me... I then heard footsteps above me and a door opening. Lights went on and I hid behind some cardboard boxes that were scattered around the room.

???: "HONEY! HE'S GONE!"

???2: "He can't be sweetie, think about it. Where would he go to? How would he get out? And most importantly, how would he gain the strength for it? Don't worry, he's still around here somewhere, probably hiding and seeing us, hearing us talk right now... We just need to find him, that's all."

I froze hearing this... Those two voices... I know them. It's the man and the woman. Wait, if it's them, this must be the basement. But how did I get back here then? Was the other day just a dream? Well, if it was, it sure was a good one...

The man: "There you are! I found you, you ungrateful little shit! I was thinking of maybe bringing you some food, but don't even think you'll get some now! It's time for our ritual now, so here it comes!"

I saw his fist flowing towards my face and then... Nothing. Darkness and I woke up sweating. I looked around the dark room and noticed I could see in the dark like normally again. I also noticed something about the room... I recognized it, but this time it was a positive thing that I did. Because this room was messy and looked exactly like the one I went to sleep in yesterday. I sighed in relief and got up and after a bit of searching I found the bathroom. I drank some water and walked back, before hearing my name being called.

???3: "(Y/N)?"

I turned around and saw the Junior man in the dark. He turned on the light, which was bright very suddenly, but it wasn't that bad. I don't know if his eyes are as used to the dark as mine are.

Junior: "I heard you walking around. What's the matter? You look a bit pale."

(Y/N): "I had a nightmare... I'm sorry if I woke you up."

Junior: "Hey, it's no big deal, you need the sleep more than I do. Besides, I just got back from work, I didn't really sleep yet anyway. Do you know the time? It's 4 in the morning, so I guess since you're used to getting up in the morning you won't get much sleep anyway now. Come on, let's sit down for a bit."