Chapter 44: Involvement

(Y/N) POV

Currently, everyone who'd normally be at the weekly meeting thingy was there, sitting at the table. We had one guest though today: some pale looking guy with a lot of acne. Probably spent all his time so far in this life in a basement.

Dan: "Who are you again?"

Spider: "My name's Spider."

Dan: "What kind of name is Spider?"

Spider: "I don't know either man. I used to think of suing my parents for it. After all, why the fuck would you name your only son after the type of faunus he is? That's just asking for him to be in trouble someday. But they got killed by White Fang members after they left the White Fang, so I can't sadly. I'd really have liked to do it though, in all my honesty."

Dan: "... We need you around more often. Anyway, what are you doing?"

Spider: "Hacking satellites, don't you remember? I'm trying to get into this system of a TV satellite. You see, it only is used for broadcasting. Or so you'd think. There's actually a nice camera function with it. So we can see everything happening in the open air thanks to someone else."

Dan: "Hehe, those poor suckers should know... Or wait, they shouldn't... Is this illegal? Will they find us?"

Spider: "Nope, I'm one of the best at what I do. They won't find us. No Atlas running in suddenly screaming about stuff. We won't be found for this. And well, it's perhaps a tiny little bit illegal."

Dan: "Oh okay, cool... Wait, if you can see everything, does that mean I could've been tracked too at some point."

Spider: "Well, yes, possibly."

Dan: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Dad: "Damn you little shit, stop acting like some shitty Darth Vader meme."

Ivan: "Hey! Don't talk to my son like that! But yeah, he's got a point, that did sound like Darth Vader."

Dan: "I am your father."

Ivan: "Hi your father, I'm dad! Wait, what?"

Dad: "You screwed up another attempt at a dad joke Ivan. Nice going."

Ivan: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Dan: "Hypocrite."

The Spider dude then looked at me with a questioning expression. Clearly, he was weirded out by all of that. And let's be honest, a lot of people would be. It's normal.

Spider: "Does that happen more often?"

(Y/N): "Nah, more often isn't the right word. Just replace more often with all the time, it's more accurate."

Spider: "Yikes, good luck with that."

(Y/N): "It's not as bad as you think it is."

It's really not, but I would totally and completely understand if and why people find it annoying. I mean, it's not always that funny. Last week, they just threw shoes at each other for half an hour, using the couch and the table as a fort. If you're not used to such things, it'll probably seem really stupid, annoying and immature. I'm not saying it isn't, but it can be amusing now and then to see.

Spider: "Where did that police report say your friend was found again?"

(Y/N): "Right around here, area with a little more forest."

Spider: "Doki doki."

(Y/N): "Did you just say doki doki?"

Spider: "No, I said oki doki, you must've misheard me there."