Chapter 17: An Extra Eye

(A/N): You know how I said (f/c) means favourite color? (s/f/c) means second favourite color. So, when your favourite color is green (that's me lol), (s/f/c) could be basically anything but green, from black to white and from red to blue. Just pick whatever you like. That having been said, let's get on with the story. I hope you'll enjoy the chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Weiss POV

We arrived back in our dorm and I grabbed my scroll. Finding Winter's information in it soon, I pressed call. It took a while, but eventually, she took my call. I assume she was busy, because she reacted a bit annoyed.

Winter: "What is it Weiss?"

Weiss: "Are you busy right now?"

Winter: "A bit, but it's fine."

Weiss: "No, if it's important, I can wait and I can call you back later."

Winter: "Oh, it's nothing too important. Just some info gathering with the new system. It's still in the testing phase currently, but it'll likely be approved soon. What is it you're calling me for?"

Weiss: "Well, about that, I was wondering if you could track someone for me."

Winter: "*sigh* Please don't tell me you're stalking someone at school."

Weiss: "No! Winter, you know me, I'm better than that. I just need to know the connections of this person, some locations where he could be..."

Winter: "Alright, I'll do that, it could be a good test for the new system... Just tell me their name and why you need to know all of that."

Weiss: "Well, it's for a mission that can give me some extra credit in Beacon."

Winter POV

Winter: 'Sure it is...'

Weiss POV

Weiss: "And his name is (Y/N)."

Winter: "No surname?"

Weiss: "Eh... Not one I'm really sure about, but how about trying Xiong?"

Winter: "Alright then."

For a while, it was silent on Winter's side of the call. If it weren't for those keyboard like sounds, you'd almost think she hung up. It's a bit weird though, I thought most Atlas tech had the keyboards now implemented into the touchscreens... Ah well, nothing for me to worry about now, I don't design those things and I don't need to in the future anyway.

Winter: "Alright, you're either stalking him or just good at guessing surnames because the system found this guy."

Weiss: "What does it say?"

Winter: "Not too much. Relations to Junior Xiong, his dad, friends with some guys who he plays in a band with, The Soundscape."

For some reason, that name sounds a bit familiar. Maybe Whitley listens to them and my dad complained about the music sometime? I mean, it could be.

Winter: "They borrowed money from the SDC for a van so they could tour around a bit, for which the money is yet to be paid back. And that's about it. I can look at his fellow bandmates, but there's just not much about him. Only a possible connection to Roman Torchwick because of his dad, but the system marks it as unclear. There's another one in the unclear mark, it says Kali Belladonna. I think it's an error though, there's a red circle around her."

Weiss: "And a red circle means?"

Winter: "I don't know, I don't have a manual for this thing. I forgot to ask for one."