Chapter 22: Visit To The Wizard

(Y/N) POV

After breakfast the following morning, we left again, ready to go home. We waved goodbye to Tai and Qrow and got inside the bus. Team RWBY joined us and eventually, things returned to the way they were before we even got on Patch to begin with. And then I mean mostly everyone kinda annoying each other.

Dan: "For the last time, that joke's never been funny to begin with!"

Yep, really familiar, or at least, really familiar to me. Probably to the others too though, but you can never be sure of someone's thoughts though, right? I was afraid this would be another really long trip, like it was getting here with team RWBY. Luckily, an escape door opened itself up for me: I got a message from Neo again.

Neo: 'I'm looking forward to you coming over here!'

(Y/N): 'So am I... Maybe I'll even come a bit earlier than at the end of the week too...'

Neo: 'Oh? What are you hiding from me?'

I smiled a bit, seeing her curiosity still didn't go away while she stayed at Beacon. She's always been like that, having to find out exactly how something worked or what a surprise was.

(Y/N): 'Well, it's a surprise. What would be the fun of telling you?'

Neo: 'You're no fun on times like these... Just tell me already!'

(Y/N): 'No.'

Neo: 'Hmph...'

After that, we didn't really continue the streak of messages. Neo probably was trying to find a way on how to figure out what I was pointing towards. Well, I already know, but what would be the fun of telling her already? She'll know, but the surprise effect would be completely shattered. And that's what it's a surprise for, right?

Dan: "Alright, that's it, I'm getting me mallet!"

Dan's words shook me out of my thoughts really quickly and I got up from where I was sitting just in time to see him storming past me with an annoyed look on his face. I stopped him and he turned around, now facing me.

(Y/N): "What's the matter?"

Dan: "Nothing much, except a small girl in red trying to steal my secret cookie jar. Of course I won't tell her where it is, but she keeps annoying me about it ever since she found out it exists."

(Y/N): "Damn..."

Dan: "Luckily, she didn't find out where it is. The fool couldn't even guess that it was right-"

I put my hand over Dan's mouth so the fool would stop talking. Not only did it get annoying, he was also about to reveal the location of the damn jar he himself wanted to keep to himself so badly. If that isn't stupid, then I don't know anymore either.

(Y/N): "Let me stop you before you betray yourself. You want to keep it, then keep the location itself too. She could be spying on us for all we know, listening in on us... Understood?"

Dan nodded and I removed my hand again. I looked behind me and saw Ruby quickly pretend like she was doing something else. I could've known it. Funny how we've met these girls only a few days ago, yet I already manage to spot behaviour patterns and can predict how they'll act. Guess they're either predictable, or there's just not much to them. Dan walked away again and this kind of stuff would remain the same all over our journey. And then, the time came that we'd drop team RWBY off at a bullhead on continue our journey ourselves... Or so they all thought...

Weiss: "Thank you for letting us travel with you. It's been a true pleasure and honour."

(Y/N): "Hold on, it's not time for goodbyes yet. Although it's nice to hear you liked it with us I guess, we'll now travel your way for a bit. Come on guys! Hurry before it leaves without you!"