Chapter 36: Festivities

(Y/N) POV

After the recording of our album, the second one if you were to take a look at the discography in total, was finally finished (including Raindance, I mean, it's a cool song, but damn Dan, stop writing such annoying riffs) and we'd released it, it was time to get ready. If you take away those few times we played on that music show on TV (let's be honest, they don't fully count as performing a concert or something), the festival that is approaching would be our first real performance since we went to Beacon. And let's be honest, it will probably be the biggest too. Unless you find some way that a full-blown Vytal Festival will get less than a thousand visitors or so. You tell me.

Dan: "Look at this!"

Dan showed us a flyer he had found somewhere. I don't know where, probably on the ground. I mean, admit it, it's where most of those flyers end up. Either the trash can, or the ground. Now I think of it, it doesn't look all the freshly printed either... Anyway, he was pointing at something that seemed to be showing the schedule for the first day.

Dan: "Here, right at the end, near the evening activities: 'Music: music part of the festival will be opened by The Soundscape'. That's us dude!"

Stan: "We know, I'm sure (Y/N) also remembers our band name."

Dan: "Oh, shut up, you get the point."

Syd: "I guess we do. This is quite the step guys. Almost the whole world of Remnant could be watching us play tonight. After all, it's the opening. I'm still a bit surprised they chose and invited us though."

Stan: "What do you mean?"

Syd: "Well, I know we had some good singles and the album is selling good too at the moment, but only one of our singles got top 5 and that was just barely. I mean, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there are also about 4 spaces above place 5 there. I don't think we truly are as big as it would seem. I'm sure they could've picked more popular artists or bands."

(Y/N): "I mean, that makes sense to me. But ah well, we're here anyway now, let's just make the best of it."

Dad: "We're here boys!"

My dad stopped the bus and we only now noticed we had already arrived at the fairgrounds. I didn't expect us to be there so quickly, but I guess I'm just bad at guessing how far it is from one place to another sometimes. We got out of the bus and saw already some of the stands being ready. In the distance to the right, we could see the arena for the fighting tournament already. Not sure if that's something to look forward to, but I'll probably be dragged into watching it by someone, either Neo, my dad or the others in the band, so that's something I guess. On the left of us now was the stage. With the festival starting tomorrow, we were given quite some time already to make sure everything was ready. It probably would be already if we were to start now, not that much is needed to be set up, but well, we can always do that tomorrow too. Plenty of time, right? Like I said, we'll do it tomorrow.

Dan: "Hang on, let's go to the stage, I wonder if they were actually crazy enough to do it."

I don't know what they actually should've done or what Dan asked for, but judging by the way he says it, it sounds almost as if he wrote general Ironwood himself a letter, with in it the request to make sure some mass destruction weapon would be hidden somewhere. Dan ran away towards the stage and it was hard to keep up with him. I never knew he could run this fast. Maybe that's only when he wants to? Lazy bastard.

Dan: "Holy shit guys! They did it!"

Dan made some weird giggly sound after those words, which made him sound almost like a madman. Perhaps he did write general Ironwood a letter after all?