Chapter 25: Initiation Living

(Y/N) POV

As I flew through the air and questioned Ozpin's sanity, the wind was all around me, like a coat. However, instead of the warmth a coat brings, the wind just brough me chills and a light shiver. Not the greatest thing obviously. But I needed to focus now, there was no time for comparing the wind to a coat. Besides, it's a stupid to compare those. And unnecessary to do too, considering that if I wouldn't find a way to land safely, I would probably die or break my neck. Or both. Not the best plan for the future exactly and so I was hoping to avoid that.

(Y/N): 'Shit, what do I do, what do I do... Hang on, I think I got it.'

As the ground was getting near, I grabbed my guitar and activated its sword mode. Once the time was right and I was close enough to the ground, I pushed the sword into the ground and I spun a few times in the air. Eventually though, this slowed me down and I managed to land on both of my feet perfectly fine. I did feel a bit dizzy because of it though. Another consequence was the fact my sword was mostly dirt now. I started walking in what I assume was the right direction. After a few minutes (and the killing of two beowolves) it became clear that I indeed had taken a wrong turn somewhere. I can't remember there being a river anywhere near here in the forest, besides on the left side, where the forest would end. Or well, left on the map we were shown, that is. And I needed to go almost anywhere but the left side. It also didn't help that a huge ursa just appeared.

(Y/N): 'Oh great, don't you just have the best timing of all... Well, seems like you're going to get what you came for though. I hope what you came for is death to be honest, because that's all you're going to get from me here today.'

I ran at the ursa, which just roared and stormed at me too. The ursa tried to hit me, but I avoided an attack from its claw and used the opportunity to jump onto their arm. After some climbing of such quality I'm sure some acrobats would be jealous of, I chopped its arm off. The ursa roared in pain in response, but that wasn't the only sound in its cry. It was mostly anger. The sudden loss of its arm caused the ursa to nearly fall over though. I jumped off the ursa and kicked its leg, which was apparently the last push as it fell down, allowing me to cut the head of the ursa off.

(Y/N): 'You see? I never lie. I told you I'd deliver you death and well, you got it.'

However, the negativity around and the screams of the ursa caused multiple new ursa's to appear. Well, shit, I doubt I can fight them all off like that with my lack of training. I mean, I will try to fight them all, but whether I'll succeed is a second thing. I suppose if I'd die I wouldn't be accepted into Beacon?

3rd POV

Little did (Y/N) know though, that half the school was watching him. The initiation was being filmed and aired to screens so the teachers could keep an eye out for whatever was happening, but the students decided to do the same. On each of the four screens, a different guy who was taking the initiation was visible. On screen 1 we could see Dan, on the second Stan and so, and so on. Everyone had different thoughts about what they were currently witnessing, especially about screen 4, where (Y/N) was visible.

Neo: 'Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this... I don't dare to look!'

Neo put her hands in front of her eyes, although he curiosity still did manage to somewhat get the best of her: now and then, she slowly take a peek, before resuming her original position again. Meanwhile, other people had different ideas about the current situation.

Cinder: 'Go on then... Go kill him... Useless ursa's, they're all hesitating. They should do something before he manages to get a hit on them or before he slips away... Stupid Grimm, always the same shit...'