Chapter 38: New Things

(A/N): The song titles mentioned in this chapter are entirely fictional. Any such case as other songs with these names existing is purely coincidental. That being said, enjoy another chapter of this shitty story. Also, let me know if you'd like me to finish the trilogy after this story has come to an end. You know, also making a book where the reader is abused by the Schnees. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the chapter(s) to come!

Neo POV

I just blurted those words out like that. I can just see the surprise and confusion on his face like that. I mean, it's to be expected, but still. Luckily, I can't find myself able to spot anything like fear or anger on his face. That's something I guess. But still, I'm a bit afraid what he'll say and think of it.

Neo: 'I'm sorry (Y/N), but I had to say it. Please don't hate me now.'

(Y/N) opened his mouth to say something and then closed it again. He seemed to think it over for a minute and then made another attempt at saying something. What was different about this one, is that he did say something.

(Y/N): "Did I just hear that correctly?"

Neo: 'Yes, but I'm sorry about it. I truly am. I just wanted to tell you so we could get to safety when it happens. I don't want you to get hurt (Y/N). I like you.'

(Y/N): "Ehm, yeah, you like me, I know you do, we're good friends, but how did you even roll into all of this?"

Neo: 'I don't know anymore to be honest... It just seemed like fun. And even more fun when you joined Beacon too. And then it seemed like it could be a complete and total disaster if something were to happen to you, which isn't that unlikely after all. And... I'm sorry...'

(Y/N) hugged me and I smiled knowing this. It was almost as if I hadn't done anything wrong at all. But everyone would soon know the truth. I did do horrible stuff and I'd probably do it again some time eventually if everything continues like this. I mean, it does give a bit of a kick... No, stop, bad Neo, not those thoughts again! (Y/N) won't like that probably.

(Y/N): "Hey, it's not too late. Since you wanted to see and talk to me before the final day of the festival's fighting tournament, it must mean you guys had planned something for that moment, right?"

I nodded, not entirely sure what he was thinking of himself. Was he planning on fighting back to Cinder and co? But that's madness! I mean, he did beat team CRDL in Goodwitch's class, but everyone can beat team CRDL if you know how to hold you weapon properly. That's why it's team CRDL! They might not be aware of it, but they're a walking punchline!

(Y/N): "Well, the concert me and the guys have is tomorrow. Means we still got time after that to think of something. We'll make something better out of this. I promise you."

We hugged again and I couldn't help but feel safe and warm like this. Too bad we had to let go a few seconds later. (Y/N) was deep in thought, that much was clear.

(Y/N): "Well, we could..."

???: "Neo! Are you around here?!"

A familiar voice called out to me and I knew exactly who it belonged to... damn you Cinder. Stop ruining the good moments in life. We might be friends, but when someone walks away like this, don't you know there's a reason for it probably? Apparently not I guess. (Y/N) and me got apart a bit more and I waved at her. I mean, she already saw us the moment I thought 'we might be friends', so there was no pretending in it anymore.

Cinder: "There you are! What are you doing out here? You suddenly disappeared, we were worried about you, you know. And now you're out here, on your ow- oh, wait... Hi (Y/N). Good to see you."