Chapter 22 - Tragedy

Linnea Lindberg

I ended up crying.

Trying to be strong for a couple of days and then I broke down. It proves me enough that I was already in love with Isaac. I pitied myself for feeling like this. I feel like an idiot all of the sudden.

I was walking to the garden when I started to remember all the moments of me and Isaac together. Tears started to come out from my eyes without me knowing. I was a little depressed to be honest with this sudden break up.

I never seen it coming. I thought we will stay together until I have to go back to Sweden.

I guess it's better this way. If I stay with him longer, I won't be able to let him go.

I walked to the stable to see my horse, Journey. I got her when I was 18 and she's still so gorgeous as ever. I took her out from her stable and walked her out. I put the gear on and brushed her hair. I patted her trying to calm her down and calm myself down.

I got on Journey's back and started to ride her around the field. I looked at the beautiful sunset and sighed.

"Been a long time since I've seen you taking Journey around." I turned to see Raphael walking to me.

"Yeah." I nodded and I got down. Raphael walked to me and he smiled.

"You don't look okay."

"Just the post-breakup breakdown." I said and he gave me a couple of carrots to feed Journey.

"Why are you here?"

"Just want to check on you." He answered and I gave the carrot to Journey.

"I kinda miss the cold, sassy and bitchy Linnea." He chuckled and I turned to him disbelief.

"You like the quite and civil Linnea more. You miss my shy and sweet personality." I hissed and he laughed.

"That too.. I wondered why you change.."

"Because of you, you broke my heart. I wanted a revenge." I said honestly and Raphael looked at me intensely.

"Are you being serious?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Sorry."

"Well it's in the past, no big deal." I said as I patted Journey's head.

"You're amazing, Linnea. I bet no one can't deny that and everything always becomes irrational when it comes to you." He said and I turned to him shaking my head.

"Don't lie to cheer me up, Raph. You dumped me and cursed a lot at me back in the days."

"Because I was trying to deny my feelings, Linnea. I was trying to hate you when the truth I really can't. That's why I was trying my best to avoid you."

"But you did it." I sighed as I gave another carrot to Journey.

"I was childish, I realized that. Now, even though I still love you, I can't do anything. It was obvious that you love Isaac now."

"He did the same thing what you did to me, Raphael. You were right.." I said as tears started to fill my eyes again.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I think I have to marry Logan, I can't rule Sweden." I said and suddenly Raphael took my hand.

"I can marry you." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't want to drag you into my world, you made sure of that."

"We can figure that later on, Linnea."

"I don't want to, you'll blame me one day for it." I said as I looked straight into his eyes. He sighed nodding.

"Thanks for coming here." I said as I took my hand from his grip.

"I'm staying in Sweden for a week and I'm planning to see you everyday." He said and I chuckled.

"Should I be happy or what?" I said as I wiped my tears.

"I just want to make sure that you're okay."

"I'll be fine, it's not the end of the world."

"He didn't try to contact you? Message you? Or even try to see you?" Raphael asked.

"He did call.. and send me a couple of text messages but I ignored it. I'll be fine, don't worry about me too much."

"I'm a little bit afraid that you will do something crazy again." He said and I chuckled.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, maybe like running away."

"I won't run away again." I said as I got onto Journey's back again.

"I'm done running away even though I want to. I just want to be free.. to feel loved."

"You are loved, Linnea. Who doesn't love you?"

"Love as in real love, Raphael."

"Let's get married.." I looked at him disbelief when he suddenly proposing to me.

"You're drunk, Raph."

"You can learn to love me again. I can bring you to London and let's live there, Linnea. Let's have a family and be happy hmm? Marry me.."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Because I think it's time to let myself know what I want. I love you Linnea, even though I was mean but I was trying to figure out myself too." He said looking at me seriously and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, Raph. I won't marry you, I don't want to drag you in my life. I know you're happy in London and you're happy with what you do now."

"Linnea."

"If you ask me a year ago.. when I still crazily in love with you, I will accept it but it's too late, Raph."

"Yeah.. it's too late but still.. if you change your mind, I will be here waiting for you."

"I won't change my mind. If I have to marry someone, it would be Logan."

"But you know he and Amanda.."

"I know." I answered and then I turned Journey around. I rode her back to the palace leaving Raphael. I got off her and let my guard take her back to her stable. I walked to the dining room drinking a cup of water and my eyes landed on a salad bowl on the table with boiled eggs on top of it.

Shit!

We broke up after cracking boiled eggs on his head.

What a tragedy..