Chapter 28 - I Will

Isaac Calland

Today, I begged Linnea's parents to let Linnea stay with me tonight. I'm glad that they let me have her. After we got home from looking at the Northen Lights, Linnea was still trying to cancel everything but I assured her parents and mine that we will still proceed with the wedding.

I got out from the shower and found Linnea sitting on the chair beside the window. She was hugging her legs and looking at the moon blankly. I walked to her and kneeled in front of her.

"What are you thinking?" I asked and she shook her head.

"What people will say knowing that I have 2 engagement parties in 2 weeks with 2 different men?"

"I can guarantee you that this will be your last one." I said as I took her hand. She put her legs down and she leaned closer to me. She cupped my face and caressed it.

"God.. I love you so much but why is it still so hard to surrender to you?" She said and I smiled.

"I won't force you to surrender to me now. I know you will comeback to me again one day."

"Let's go sleep.. I bet you're tired." I said as I held her hands. I got up and pulled her along the way. I turned off the lights and we both laid on the bed. I pulled her into my arms and she wrapped her arms around my body.

"I can't believe that you requested me when I'm still someone else's fiance." She said and I chuckled. I kissed the top of her head.

"Logan is clearly in love with someone else so why care about you two being engaged? You both are in love with other people."

"I'm sure you cope up with our break up just fine."

"Well.. you're wrong. I've had a bad insomnia. I couldn't sleep and it affected my work."

"You're lying." She smacked my chest.

"I'm not, I bet you saw my eye bags." I said as I held her hand.

"I can say that I'm a lucky girl to be with 2 hot men in 2 weeks and even got engaged to one of them already."

"Logan is not hot."

"Whatever." She hissed as she snuggled more to me. I held her tightly and closed my eyes.

"I won't let you rule Sweden for me." She whispered.

"Why?" I asked and she didn't answer me. I was waiting for her answer but her breathing slowed down. I'm assuming she's sleeping already. I kissed the top of her head and closed my eyes to sleep.

I opened my eyes slowly and turned to the side but.. Linnea wasn't there. I freaked out and immediately got up from my bed. I went downstairs to find Linnea.. where is she?

"Have you seen Linnea?" I asked one of the maids.

"No, sir." She answered and I walked out from the house looking for her but nothing. I walked back in and started to go crazy. I knew it.. I knew it.. she's leaving me again.

"Good morning, son."

"Father, have you seen Linnea?" I asked and he looked at me confuse.

"What do you mean?"

"She's gone." I said.

"She's gone?" My father asked and I ran my hands through my hair. I ran upstairs to my room to call her and when I opened the door to my room, there she is drying her hair with a towel.

I looked at her disbelief and Linnea turned to me confuse.

"What?" She asked looking at me weirdly. I walked to her and hugged her tightly. I must have a really good sleep last night that I freaked out when I can't see her.

"Where were you?"

"Taking a shower." She answered and I released the hug.

"I thought you left."

"What?"

"I ran downstairs to look for you." I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Why? I was in the shower." She pointed at the bathroom and I sighed.

"I thought you're going to leave me." I said as I sat on the edge of the bed. I closed my eyes and suddenly I felt her lips on mine. I kissed her back.

"You're an idiot if you think I will leave you." She said as she continued to dry her hair.

"I know that you're a fan of running away. You ran away a couple of times already.. you can't blame me for thinking you will run away." I said and she chuckled.

"Run away where? To London? To Denmark?"

"Don't.. try me." I warned her and she sat on the sofa facing me.

"I woke up at dawn and called my father." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"And then.."

"Check the news." She said and I looked at her confuse. She pointed at my phone and I walked towards the table beside my bed. I opened my phone and looked at the news.

My eyes widen and I turned to Linnea.

"I won't take over the throne, Isaac. It's so risky for me and besides I don't want my people to be disappointed at me." She said and I turned to my phone again. I read the news and it's about an official statement from Sweden Royal News.

King Colton officially announced that Linnea won't be taking over the throne. He will continue the throne and Linnea's heir will be the one who continue the throne. They even told the news about Linnea's dyslexia.

"I'm planning to.. go to America for awhile." She stated and I turned to her.

"For what?"

"Find myself again.. I was losing my marbles when I was here and in Denmark."

"Why.. not here?" I asked.

"I need time for myself, Isaac. I was hoping you could.. understand that and let me go for awhile." She looked at me seriously.

"How long? A week? Two weeks?"

"Maybe.. 6 months." She said and I was speechless.

"I went to Denmark and got engaged.. and then now I'm here getting another engagement too. I dropped the news about my sickness and I have to make an official statement that I won't be Queen of Sweden.. everything is too much for me. I'm so overwhelmed by everything."

"I know."

"I'm planning to go to New York for awhile. Get my shit all together.." She said and I sat down on my bed contemplating whether to let her go or not. How can I live here without her for 6 months? It will be unbearable.

"Let me go.. please." I turned to her and I found myself nodding.

"I'll let you go.. for 6 months but can you promise me that you will comeback after 6 months?" I asked and she nodded.

"I know and believe that you will wait for me, Isaac." She gave me a weak smile.

"Because I will."