If you like the story, please remember to vote. Comments are also welcome.

***********************************************************************************************

"I do" a voice sang smugly.

Phana looked over to see Ming standing there smiling, with a shit eating grin on his face. 

"Who, who is he?" Phana demanded. "Now why would I tell you" Ming replied back with an attitude. Phana made a move towards Ming, like he might hit him. 

"Pha... cut the shit.  You're not gonna get anywhere acting like an asshole", Kit mumbled under his breath. Then he told Phana to try and let him handle it.

Kit turned around and started talking to Ming. "Hey Ming, do you remember me? We went to high school together. I was one of your seniors, Kit." Ming raised his eyes to look at Kit and quirked his head to the side before saying, "You're joking right?" 

Kit's face and ears got red. Kit walked closer to Ming and asked him if they could speak privately. Ming eyed him, then nodded and led Kit to a small alcove around the corner.

"Why are you acting like we've never met?" Ming asked. "Because after everything that happened, I wasn't sure if you wanted to know me anymore" Kit replied. "Kit, you were the one that stopped replying to my text messages after that shit Phana said about Yo". 

"That's because you wouldn't let me explain why Pha said those things" Kit exclaimed.

Ming stood there staring at Kit. 

"Kit, Yo and I have been friends for longer than I can remember, I don't care why Phana said what he said, I only care that my friend spent months trying to get over it. Look I know you and Pha have been friends for a long time too, but your friend wasn't the one that got hurt, mine was".

"Are you sure about that Ming? Because my friend is still suffering" Kit stated.  

Ming huffed "I just want Yo to be happy, I'm not sure Phana is capable of anything but making Yo upset". 

"Maybe we both hold some responsibility here. We texted for weeks trying to figure out a way to get them to admit they liked each other. I'm assuming you never told Wayo that Pha liked him. I sure never told Pha that I knew Wayo liked him. The only reason Pha figured it out was because of that bracelet Wayo dropped."

Kit sighed then taking a breath, he went on to say "Look Ming, I don't know if you would be able to trust me like you did back then, but I can promise you, Pha loves Wayo. He never stopped. He just thought he'd lost his chance." 

Kit stopped again taking the opportunity to look up at Ming before he continued, "I know, I can relate to how he feels, but now Pha wants to fight for Wayo. Can you please just trust me this once and help?"

Ming folded his arms over his chest and looked at Kit. Even though he was skeptical, he desperately wanted to trust Kit. Before the incident between Phana and Yo went bad, he really started to like Kit, and he was sure Kit had begun to return his feelings. 

Ming turned his head away trying to figure out what he should do. Ming looked back and let his arms fall to his sides. He pursed his lips and eyed Kit distrustfully.

"Until I can see that Phana really does love my friend I can't help" Kit's shoulders sank as he closed his eyes in frustration. "However," Ming added, "I will tell you what it is I know about the guy that just left with Yo". 

Kit opened his eyes and smiled at Ming, "Thank yo-", "Don't thank me yet", Ming interrupted. Ming walked closer towards Kit. 

For every step Ming took, Kit took a step backwards until his back was against the wall. Ming stepped up to Kit and stood as close as he could without actually touching Kit. "If you want me to do this for you, you have to do something for me".