9

The next afternoon Ming picked Wayo up for lunch. As they ate, Ming asked Yo a bunch of questions about Park and about how their lunch went. 

Wayo couldn't stop talking. 

He happily answered all of Ming's questions. Almost too happily Ming thought. As they were leaving, Ming suggested they go out to the club that night as he knew a few of his seniors from the Engineering department would be there. 

Wayo eagerly agreed. 

Ming told Wayo he would pick him up later that night around 9 pm. They pulled up to Wayo's building and Wayo got out. As Wayo was about to shut the door, Ming called out to him, "Yo, make sure you look cute tonight, you never know who you might meet."

Wayo rolled his eyes and shut the door then hurried inside. If he was going to be out late it would be best to grab a quick nap. Ming drove away after he watched Wayo enter the building. 

Ming picked up his cell and called Kit.

********

Ming POV

Kit ~ Hello.

Ming ~ KitKat.

Kit ~ Ming? What...Um...What's up?

Ming ~ I found out more info on that guy Park. Can you meet me in a few?

Kit ~ Yeah sure, but I'm in my dorm now. Did you just want to stop by here?

Ming ~ Yeah sure. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

Kit gave me directions and I realized we were both in the same dorm. I laughed at the irony of it. Here we were living in the same building, only 2 floors separating us, and neither of us knew. 

When I got to our dorm building I went straight to Kit's room. I knocked and waited. When he didn't answer, I knocked again. 

Nothing. 

After knocking for a third time the door yanked open revealing a wet Kit. His hair was dripping, and his clothes were sticking to him. I just kind of stared curiously. "I was in the shower, I didn't think you'd get here quite so fast, so I didn't have time to dry off" Kit tried to explain while I was still standing in the hallway. 

"Are you going to invite me in?" I inquired as I smirked at him.

He stood back and opened the door for me.  I walked in and looked around.  Our rooms had the same basic layout, the only difference was that Kit's room was extremely neat, borderline OCD. I sat on Kit's couch and just kept quiet. 

Kit sat down next to me and nervously played with his fingers. I looked Kit up and down and then went into his bathroom. "What are you doing?" he asked when he saw me emerge with a clean dry towel in my hands.

I ignored his question and sat back on the couch. I then instructed him to sit on the floor in front of me. "Why?" he inquired. "Can't you just do as I ask" I challenged. Kit then huffed and sat crossed legged in front of me. I used the towel to gently dry his hair. 

"Ok, so tell me. What else did you find out" he said. "If I tell you, will you do something for me again?" I asked. "You want me to smile again" Kit inquired. "Not this time, I want something else" I told him.

"And what would that be?" Kit asked with hesitation in his voice. 

I then explained that what I wanted was a promise that he would do something. Nothing bad, but... he had to promise. He looked back at me from his position on the floor unsure.  He took a deep breath, turned to face his front and said "Ok, I promise".