Chapter 4: Childhood Part 3

The next few days were... duller, to say the least. The day after Shusui's... death, some Uchiha clan members confronted Itachi, just like in the cannon. I had to hold Sasuke so that he wouldn't go to the unusually mad Uchiha. After that, it was just the calm before the storm.

    "Megumi." I perked up from my seat and turned my head up to see Hiro standing above me. It was another normal day at the academy and it was break time so no teacher was in sight. Usually, I would be outside playing with either the twins, Sasuke, and Naruto, but today, I had to catch up on some work.

    "Hiro-kun? Whatcha need?" I ask with a raised brow.  Looking behind him, I couldn't help but sweatdrop at the glowering males that had glares targeted at him. Fanboys. Wait- was that Kiba over there?!

"Are you okay? You are less crazy than usual." He asked cooly with crossed arms, he sounded as usual but I knew that he was concerned.

"Awwww~ You actually care!" I exclaimed, beaming with a smile. The Hyuuga only chuckled and send a small smile towards me, and behind my back, I felt glares from his fangirls. Hiro was also one of the attractive people in the class so he had his fair share of fangirls and since I frequently spent time with him, I accidentally made enemies. Oops. It also didn't help that I was the only one that could even get a chuckle from him, aside from Hinata of course. Double oops.

"You can say that I guess. Hinata-nee's just worried about ya." I internally gush, it's so cute to have her worry about something as little as me. I don't deserve her!

"Anyways," He started and I focused back to him. Sighing, he puts a hand into his bag that he always has and rummages through it. After a few seconds, he pulls it back out and in his hand has my journal. "Here."

I gasp in shock and grab it. "Thank dude! I was wondering where it was!" I hug it, happy that I got it back.

"You left it here when you last came over." He bluntly stated. I smile as I tuck my book back into my own backpack. I never knew why the kids didn't have any and it was never explained during my time here; did supplies just magically appear? "Ne, Megumi," He started. I stared at him, wondering what he is gonna say. He lost eye-contact.

"Who are you?"

I tilt my head in confusion."What do y-" I froze and trailed off as I realized what he said. No, the question wasn't the problem. It was that-

It was in English.

He said that in fucking English.

I sucked in air as my onyx eyes widen but I quickly compose myself, remembering where I was and who was present. I smile that kinda made the Hyuuga tense. I stand up and hover my head over his shoulder. "Meet me after school; I'll show you something really good," I whisper in his ear.

Stepping back, I once again lock eyes with him. He held an eyebrow raised, as if questioning me, but then saw how serious I actually was compared to my posture. He slowly nodded and walked back to where ever Hinata is. I sit back down and stare at my work. This is going to be a long day.

; DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Right when the bell rang, I ducked under the desk from people's (cough fanboys cough) eyes. I had a date after all! Sasuke, who was sitting next to me, shot me a concerned look with his adorable face. I place an index finger onto my lips. His face then gave a look of understanding as he then smirked and sat up and left.

After I definitely knew that no one unwanted was here, I crawl out of my hiding spot. Glancing at the dark-haired Hyuuga at the door waiting for me, I smile. "Where's Hinata-tan?" I ask him.