Chapter 24: Road Work ahead? Uh yeah, I sure Hope so

[Chapter 24: Road work ahead? Uh yeah, I sure hope so]

    "Oi, Megumi, Teme! Wanna go on a trip with me and Ero-seinnin?" Naruto asked us one night when he crashed into our apartment. I raised my head up from my spot on the sofa to see the blond sitting on one of our high chairs next to the small kitchen countertop. He had tilted his head with a small grin, Kyaaaa~ that's adorable!

    Huh, I thought whilst blinking. He's supposed to know about the trip when he's eating out. I don't even know how I changed that.

"'Kay, I have nothing to do anyway," I answered over the noise that the television was made. Internally, I was squealing like Ino, fucking finally something to be excited about!

    "I can't. I have to train with Kakashi-sensei." Sasuke spoke beside me, flipping through the channels with a deadpan as he fucking ate a tomato whole. I get it: it's a meme but still, how the fuck does he did not get sick of eating it like that?!

    Naruto groaned as if expecting it. Which, if you know him (ya should, it's a fucking fanfic centered around being his twin), then you would be stupid to not expect something like that from the revenge-obsessed duckling.
"Damn, only Megumi's going. I even asked Hinata and Hiro but they also couldn't go, dattebayo!" He huffed.

    I giggled at his small tantrum, "Well, they're basically bound to their clan." I glanced back at our favorite blond shinobi, "So, when do we go on our main quest?"

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"Ah. There she is!"

"Who?"

"Doki!"

"Who are you talking about, brat?" Jiraiya asked with a deadpan, sitting up from his spot. Walking up to him with Naruto trailing along with me, we were under the gates in the bright morning.

"Haaaah?" Naruto let out a confused noise, darting his head between me and the older person. "When did you meet Ero-seinnin?"

"Don't call me that." The legend muttered under his breath, sighing as if he was already in defeat.

"Ya remember you fainting when training?" I asked to him, gingerly fiddling with my open skirt with excitement. The blond slowly nodded, looking as clueless as ever. "Well, I met the dude when hauling your ass back." He let out an audible sound of understanding before turning around. I giggled, stepping forward to step in line with them, "Lead the way, Ero-seinnin!"

"You too?" Came his dry response.

•́•̀͒

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we ther—"

Jiraiya sharply turned to face my direction, pointing a finger at me with a glare. "No! We are not there yet!" Shifting away, he crossed his arms, "Should've only brought Naruto." The man mumbled under his breathe, though we both heard it anyways.

I giggled at his misery, turning my head to meet Naruto's enthusiastic eyes, puffing out my cheeks into a childish pout, "I thought this was gonna be an exciting trip! I'm bored." I complained like the ungrateful bitch I am.

Naruto only chuckled with his hands behind his back (how is that comfortable?), "Don't worry, Megumi! Ero-seinnin here gonna get this girl and I'll learn a new jutsu, believe it!"

"Really?" I asked with false curiosity, considering the fact that I already knew. "Well, it better be a useful one," I added with a smile, poking his cheek eagerly. I giggled as he let out a shout, quickening my pace before it swiftly became a childish game of tag.