Chapter 14: Why Hello There!

[Chapter 14: Why Hello There!]

    "Hello crow!" I giggled as the crow on the fence inched closer to me, wanting to be pet. Placing my left arm and then my chin on my hand, I smiled when the bird made a satisfied noise upon stroking it. "Kyaa~ you're so cute!" I cooed out.

    On the other side of the bridge, Sakura sighed tiredly, "Why does Kakashi-sensei tell us to meet but then makes us late?!" She screamed in the wind.

    "Yeah, yeah! What Sakura-chan said!" Naruto piped, his fist pumped up in agreement.

    "What about a girl's feelings?! I didn't brush my hair today!"

    "Yeah! I wasn't able to brush my teeth and wash my face!"

    "...that's gross."

    Sasuke just sulked with his usual brooding.

    Me, who arrived much later than the other 3, laughed at their utter misery. "Hey!" Sakura pointed at me accusingly, "Stop laughing!"

    "Your fault for even listening to that dum dum!" I retaliated between giggles. The crow beside me chirped, annoyed that my attention wasn't on the small animal, causing me to stop and continue petting it.

    "What is it with you and crows?" Sasuke asked me, turning his head at me with narrowed eyes. In the past, Itachi kept on keeping tabs on us (mainly me) with his crows and Sasuke eventually found out about them, Though, he still asks and stares at me weirdly whenever I am visited by them.

    I smiled at him whilst still stroking the bird's feathers. "What can I say (except we're dead soon!) I'm a crow whisperer!" My smile widened as I inched closer to his face. "Whaaaat? Is my foolish little brother jealous that not even a bird likes him?" I teased with eyes crinkled with mischief.

    He shuffled away with a huff, shoving his hands into his pockets in annoyment. I giggled at his actions and began to tease him even more.

    But before I could even utter another word, a certain silver-head popped in. "Morning people! I got lost on the path of life." He stated sheepishly (yeah right) on top of the bridge entrance.

I jumped, frightening the crow for it to fly away (no wait I think Kakashi was the one who did that- cuz, ya know, he's a goddamn scarecrow- ok, I'll leave) . "HOly shit- a wild dum dum appeared!" I screamed out, gaining a look from my foolish little brother. I shrugged. I need to work on my sensor skills: I can't get off guard if someone were to body flicker.

    "That's the same excuse as last time, dattebayo!" Naruto yelled at him.

    "Hey- Apologize for making us come so early!" Sakura added.

    Kakashi, being the lazy dum dum he is, sighed and jumped off, now on ground level as we all gathered around him. Trotting closer than them, I pulled my fist up close to my chest with anticipation. "Are we finally gonna escort that prostitute?!" I gleefully asked him with a grin.

"Ha," He responded with a closed-eyed smile (maybe??? I mean, he's wearing a mask soooooo) as he then leaned down towards me and pushed me away. "No." I pouted as I caught myself but got his message. "Anyways, this may be sudden but I've nomninated you four for the Chunin exams." The team (besides me of course) reacted in shock, but then Sakura and Naruto acted in anger.

"What did you say?!" Sakura demanded with a fist up, her inner Saukra coming out.

"You," Naruto added in anger. "Think that makes up for-"

"Here are your applications." Kakashi stated, pulling out pieces of paper. I swiped two before he even finished his sentence, giving one to Sasuke.