Chapter 17: I don't Know What to Call this Transitioning Chapter lol

[Chapter 17: I don't Know What to Call this Transitioning Chapter lol]

"Gah..." I groaned when I finally awoke from my slumber. I winced when I tried pulling myself at the bed I somehow got into, receiving nothing else but a headache. I blinked. Huh. I'm alive. I glance at my surroundings, finding myself in a comfortable hotel-like room, not like the hospital one that I expected.

There was an unexpected loud creaking noise, my reflexes forcing me to crane my head at the source of it (owwie!). It was a door, Hiro pushing the door out to be exact. "Hiro...!" I called out to him groaningly, my head was still very fuzzy. The said Hyuuga whipped his head at me with widened eyes and, in speed, I only saw when he was on older brother mode, dashed to the right side of my bed.

"You..!" He let out, furrowed brows tucked together with his mouth clenched.

"Me!" I giggled at the sight of him, though I'm pretty sure it sounded like a grumbling monster. "Sorry... I should've prepared more." Well, not like we could ever escape him even with years of preparing.

"Shut it," He stated, gently pushing me down to the bed. My teammate took a nearby chair and sat on it, the back on his chest. "I thought you were gonna..." He trailer off after that. Taking the opportunity, I noticed how he actually looked.
Hiro's hair was actually ruffled (rare to see as he is obsessed with his hair) and his bandages were dirty. His face looked strained for once and his clenched mouth told me that he was... Damn.

"Sorry for making you worry," I stated. He was clearly blaming himself for what happened, even though he didn't know just how powerful a Sannin could be. Tiredly, I patted his head, causing him to blink from his depressed daze and glance up at me. I giggled. "It's not your fault, so let go of it. 'Kay?"

My reincarnation buddy looked like he wanted to object but he nonetheless followed my suggestion. He leaned back a little, holding onto the chaise longue (I really had to search up the name of the back of the chair lolol) so that he wouldn't fall over and get a concussion. He let out a frustrated groan.

I giggled at him before groaning myself. "Guahhhh... I feel like if I went to a birthday party and ate all the balloons."

"... why was I even worried in the first place?"

"I actually don't know."

It was only a small pause before we started softly laughing at each other. We fucking lived against Orochimaru. And- checking my neck- I got no chakra hickies! Yay!
"Hahaha... but how did we get here?" I asked. I know I remember Hiro carrying me but...

"I booked it after you passed out from chakra exhaustion," Hiro explained. I formed an 'o' with my mouth. "...Also, I wanted to ask," Closing it, I hummed quietly as a way of telling him to continue, sinking further to my covers. "What was that black flame thing you used on Orochimaru? It looked like the amount of chakra used strained your eyes."

I straightened, shifting my position up to lean against the bed frame. I darted my eyes at him. "...There's no one here right?"

In an instant, he activated his Byakugan, "No." I relaxed slightly, clearing my throat.

"Okay then... what you saw back there was Amaterasu: a black, indestructible flame created by the Mangekyou— the upgrade of the Sharingan," I stated in a somewhat hushed manner.

The dark-haired individual rose a brow, leaning closer. "I thought the Sharingan doesn't have that."

I smiled at him. "Of course you wouldn't know, it's a clan secret after all! Also because the authors needed something to keep Sasuke up to Naruto's level," I added at the end. "If people did know, they would distrust the Uchiha even more, especially since you need to have one of your loved ones die."