Chapter 36: Take a Break! (And Get Away)

[Chapter 36: Take a Break! (And Get Away)]

And a break, so I did.

Honestly, I didn't know why I thought something interesting would happen on its own. But it didn't— insert tears here.

My ass was so bored but then bam: it hit me. Literally too. Aka I woke up slamming my face against the floor.

"Guah..." I let out with a pained groan, sitting up with a hand on my cheek. How did I even fall? I exhaled.

And then immediately got bonked on the head. "Ack!" I yelped, a hand swiftly reaching out to whatever had the fucking audacity to hit me. Son of a-- oh. With slightly blurry eyes, I squinted at what I held. Ah... In my hands was a photo frame, with a picture of my family, all happy and you know, not dead?

Glancing up, it must have fallen off when I crashed down, I sighed, and sluggish pulled myself up, gently placing the frame back at my cabinet. But then my eyes lingered at the glassed picture. My index fingertips traced the outline. A feeling of what I think was sadness flourished in my chest. My brows furrowed. I...

"Oh!" I suddenly exclaimed, clapping my hands together. The ends of my lips quirked up. That's what I'll do today!

( ◜◡)

So yeah, that's how I ended up back at the gates. The gates for the Uchiha compound. Its wood was dusty and full of moss, green flourishing everywhere as an empty yet gloomy aura surrounded it. I blinked, is this what I get for abandoning it? The gates seemed to only taunt me back.

Like I mentioned earlier, other than the time I had that mental breakdown, I've never set foot in here. Not since getting out stuff to move to our apartment. I sighed, pushing open the gates with both hands, earning a loud creek in response.

Oh well.

As expected, the place was barren, only the wisps of the winds and the soft chirping of the bird could be heard. Rumbling out a random tune, I walk with curious eyes. The place, the districts, everything was disturbingly silent, even from a clan known to be aloof. Ah... sometimes, I wish that I got to know my family better. I thought casually to myself, hands behind my back. But then again, I don't think I'd be able to...

No, there's no need to think about that. I sighed as I turned to leave as if I've done this just yesterday. With a smile, I gasped, as if God finally gave me an answer as to why capitalism exists. "We're no strangers in love... you know the rules, and so do I~!" I sang at the top of my lungs, boosting my awesome vocals. "A new commitment's what I'm thinking of! You'll never get this from any other guy!" I giggled, never gets old.

I halted in my tracks. I'm here. Something familiar swelled in my chest, though, it anything, it was not positive. I took a deep breath, I can do this.

Sliding open the door, I was instantly met with dust. "Ack!" I hacked out. I swatted my hand around, closing my eyes just so no dust bunnies wouldn't stab me in the eye. When I deemed it was saved, I opened them once more, shuffling my feet in.

Closing the door gently, I leaned down to take off my shoes, only to shake my head. It doesn't matter now.

Glancing around, I walked around the table and cabinets. The air was cold, but not freezing. From the windows, light shines out and onto the living room, where specks of dust were exposed. But I didn't care. I didn't even glance at all the nitty-gritty details: I just kept wandering.

The wood underneath me creaked under my footsteps as if announcing its owner that someone is there. Too bad they're not alive to care. Spinning the balls of my feet, I opened yet another door, but this time, I didn't feel the dirty spray of dirt.