Chapter 40: Aw Shit, Here We Go Again

[Chapter 40: Aw Shit, Here We Go Again]

"Choji, may I have some of God's glorious creations?" I sniffed, a hand out for the said ninja with the other over my lowered face. It— it isn't fair!

"Oh, sure," Letting me dive my hand into his bag of chips, I chomped on one with tears streaking down my face. Sad crunches were heard. "Why are you crying though?"

"Because of that!" Pointing in accusation, the boy glanced to where Hiro and his team were, Hinata specifically. "When we came to this dang chunin exams here, I saw Hinata-tan run over to us— to me! So like the gracious and loveable person I was, I opened my arms for her!"
With a slouched back, I jerked my arms out, palms up. "But then she chose Hiro over me!!!" I cried in utter despair, dropping down to my knees. I get it, he's her twin but, I slammed my fists on the floor, I want huggies too!

"That's right." Feeling a pat on my back, I glanced up at him. Ah, he looks like, wait a minute— "Cry." I choked on my spit, turning away from him. Wtf, Krillin?!

Nobody cared about the crowd's stares of disgust.

٩(✪ꀾ)و

Glancing around, everything was bare, so very empty. There was nothing on the walls, no furniture, and the only thing I could consider present was the door we came from and the shinobi on the other side. "This is a very weird escape room."

"I agree," From my left, Sakura spoke with furrowed brows and hands on her hips. "It's not even giving us a clue!"

So when the instructors came in and started these chunin exams, they rambled on and one about the importance of the exams, yadda yadda yadda, let's shove people who can see through walls into escape rooms, wooooooooh!

Yeah, not fun.

"There really is nothing here," Hiro noted, stroking the wall with a hand. With veins popping out on his face, he glanced back at us. "Does your Sharingan see anything? My Byakugan isn't."

Blinking, my vision turned red. "Nope, no chakra at all!" Tilting at my head, I hummed with a question on my mind. Is this just a regular escape room? Turning off my bloodline limit, I shook my head. "Maybe we're going too far. What's something Kusagakure would do?" Besides abusing Uzumakis.

"If I recall," The pinkette raised a finger in thought. Ah, there she goes textbook-chan! "Kusagakure is known to be very analytical, diplomacy a talent in their ranks." Shifting the balls of her feet as if to keep her on track, she paced around. "There's probably something we're overlooking."

Overlooking, huh? Sitting on the ground, I dined out Hiro's complaints as I searched through our minds. What could we be overlooking when there's practically nothing here? There's no secret cracks, no hidden codes, not even gamer girl bathwater! Their only thing here is...

"Oh!"

Sakura and I both exclaimed at the same time. Letting out a giggle, that was so cute, I sat right up with a smile. "You realized it too, right?" I excitably asked her.

"I hope we got the same idea, Megumi-chan!" Lifting me off of the ground with a pull, we skipped over to the door.

"Oi, what are you doing?" Our other teammate strolled up to us. "That's where we came from, there are ninjas on the other side of it too."

"Just follow us~!" Ushering him to our side, I grabbed the doorknob. If we get knocked out I'm suing someone— Opening the door, I met the gaze of one of the strangers on the other side.