Chapter 31: We no Longer in Part One Y'all

[Chapter 31: We no Longer in Part One y'all]

"So you're training under the Hokage," I commented. In front of me, the bubblegum girl nodded her head eagerly with fist pumped up to her chest. I giggled, "Must be nice."

"She's really strict though!" Sakura exclaimed, coming to the same walking pace as me. Her hands were no longer accompanied by her gloves but with white bandages now. She smiled, "But it's just what I need to improve!"

Now you must be wondering: what kind of intro was this? Well, it's been a few days now and I was now on a schedule: wake up, jog around the village in the morning, die by Shiori's hand, do some solo d-ranked missions, and then die again but with free time. It's a bit busy, I know. But it just happened and I can't really get rid of it now.

Anyways, I just inhaled through my nose, wiping away the cold sweat from my forehead. "I don't know, at least your teacher doesn't try to kill you every five seconds!" She stared at me, in such a way that one would do when they saw someone doing the dirty in a dumpster.

"Do I even want to ask?" My friend mumbled out.

"You're already asking but eh, it is what it is." Came my reply. It is what it is, I repeated in my mind. I shed a fake tear, despite Sakura's confusion. If only this place had the same kind of humor...! I then blinked, feeling a certain rumble along the ground.

And for once, I wasn't being crazy. "Do you hear that?" The kunoichi asked, turning around only to gasp. I tilted her head, following suit only to, Huh, stare at the dusk cloud that was quickly coming at us. I wonder if that's the stampede that killed Mufasa.

"Megumi-chan, we have to move!" Sakura yelled out, suddenly grabbing my arm and dashing out of the way. Awww, I nuzzled my cheek against her hold, despite her look darted at me, she cares~! I mean, I may have almost died from the dust cloud that just ran past us at like Mach speed but she cares!

"Oi!!!" The pinkette yelled at it. From within my view, I saw it instantly skid to a stop, only to reveal the green beast himself. "Lee!"

"Ah!" Lee exclaimed with glee, running up to us with just the slightest of sweat on him. He grinned, "What are you doing here so early in the morning?!"

He was immediately met with a punch to the head.

"Cha—! Watch where you're going!" Sakura screamed into his ear. The boy fell to the ground from the force with a yelp. I giggled in amusement, releasing myself to go help the older male.

"Yes— yes..." Lee murmured, clutching his head with bandages hands.

I covered my mouth with my hand, "Sorry about that," I apologized for my friend. I then poked his cheek, "but you did almost run over us!"

"I see!" He suddenly rose up, a fist clenched. "To repent, I will add another 100 push-ups to my workout!"

Sakura, for what seemed to be the millionth time this morning, stared at him weirdly. "Isn't that a bit too much?"

I just giggled, "Well it's nice to see you well, Lee," With a hand, I twirled a lock of hair. "But to answer your question, I started doing runs every morning!"

The enthusiastic, no, youthful child then dramatically gasped, grasping my hands suddenly. Woah! "Megumi-chan, let's run together!" There were stars in his eyes, I don't even know how.

Even then, all I did was a gasp. "To the glorious sunset?!" I played along gleefully with a wide smile.

"Yes!"

"No!" Sakura objected, splitting us with furrowed brows. She then turned at me, "Didn't you just tell me that you had Shiori teaching you?"