Chapter 29: There Is A Reason

[Chapter 29: There is a Reason]

"I won't help you."

If my confidence was a physical object, it would've shattered right then and there.

"Eh?" Was my response, my smile faltering. "Why not?" I asked, leaning closer to the pink. With my whole monologue and everything!

"Why do you want to change the future?" Their hands shot back, narrowed eyes at me. "If it goes as you said, then there's no need to do so."

"I want to save people!" I answered, not getting what their getting at. What's wrong with wanting that?

"Is that what you want?" They demanded, causing me to flinch as their stare. I only felt even more perplexed. Huh? "Or is it what you feel like you need to do?"

I resisted swallowing the lump in my throat, shifting the balls of my feet. "...what do you mean by that?" I knew exactly what they meant by that.

"People, even if you want it to be, aren't that selfless. It's possible that you just feel that because you know of the future, you are obligated to save those in danger." Shiori explained with quick fingers, blowing away a strand of hair, "Because if you don't, then you'll regret it forever."

My breath hitched. They're... they're right.

Because that was what exactly happened: I failed to save them and had a mental breakdown. Like the disgusting person I was. I just stared at the older person with wide eyes, a part of my facade breaking away.

He noted my silence, "It seems I was right." They sighed, turning away from me whilst signing at me. "If you don't have a genuine reason to change it then, I don't need a reason to help you."

(=ω)

"That guy's so blunt!" I whined with a soft thud of my fists hitting the covers. My cheeks were puffed out, quite annoyed from the interaction just a few hours ago. "And not in a good way!"

Hiro was still in his bed, a brow arched upwards as he sat down his book (didn't he already read that?). "You barged into my room just to say that?" The Hyuuga asked incredulously. He then blinked, shaking his head a little. "And who the hell are you talking about?"

"Shiori!" My voice was still in a higher pitch as if to accentuate how childish I sounded. It's not my fault, ok?! That little... gumball just right and I hate it!

"One of Tsunade-sama's right-hand man?" His facial features contorted em more out of confusion. "Why did you talk to him?"

"Hm?" I hummed in response, darting my eyes curiously. "Did I not tell you?"

"I swear to god if he's important to the plot—"

"He's also a reincarnated."

Hiro's jaw went slank, the light eyes of his dilating smaller. He seemed to go limb, a far-away look zoning into his features. Hehe, it's like he got told that he's giving birth to a giraffe. And within a blink— he exploded. "WHAAAAT?!?!"

I reeled back from the sudden volume. Wow, really sounding like Naruto right there. "Shuuuuuush, there are children here."

"You cannot fucking say that when you literally mentioned something so important!" The raven-head exclaimed exasperatedly, running his fingers into his hat with a loud yet tired sigh.

"I mean," I said with a shrug, "They don't know that this whole place was an anime so..." I trailed off. "Where was I going with this? I had a point."