Chapter 26: Team 7? More like Team Oh Shit that's a Lot of Issues

[Chapter 25: Team 7? More like Team 'Oh Shit, That's a lot of Issues']

"Who... who are you?" Sakura asked us when we walked into the hospital room. We all walked in, only for only the new person and I standing near the doorway. Giving a glance at the unknown person, they caught my stare. I let the chatter fade from my mind, as we stared at each other as if we were an anomaly. Which, in this case, was true.

The tense yet awkward standoff between us was quickly broken when the pink-haired individual raised up a hand, motioning their fingers in different, sporadic movements. "Hello," the hand-signed. I blinked. Why are they using the standard ninja code? Landing my sight higher to their neck, a ragged, brownish slash splashed on it. Oh...

Putting up a smile to hide away my slight pity, I waved a hand dismissingly, "Hello to you too!" I greeted them. I leaned in just a bit, "So, are you planning on adopting Naruto?"

One of their brows rose slightly, "Why so?" Came their silent reply, their nose slightly scrunching in curiosity.

"He never told you that he's an orphan?" I asked the pink-haired, turning my head away. "Well, I personally hope you do: considering that you're basically the first blood relative he's ever known." I blinked, seeing that Tsunade and Shizune we're now heading the doorway, towards us.

Gracing them a side glance, I smiled, "Well, anyway," I switched languages, hoping they at least recognized English. "I hope we get along." I mouthed, watching as their red eyes shrunk the smallest amount. It was quickly composed, though, the way that they were looking at me now...

It seems I've piqued their interest.

д

"Hey!" I yelped when Sasuke flung Sakura's plate of apples away. Getting up from my seat, I grabbed the plate and caught all the slices before they fell to the ground, all on one leg. Setting my other leg down, I looked down at my silent twin with a pout. "Foolish little brother, I thought I taught you to cherish food!" Hoo boy, here we go.

"Sasuke-kun..." Sakura leaned forward with worry splattered all of her faces, "What's wrong? Should I call a nurse?"

"No..." Came his quiet response, not bothering to look at her, "There's no need." He then darted his head around the sound of Naruto opening the door.

"Teme, hey--" The blond stopped, noticing the tense atmosphere. Inclining his head at me with narrowed, suspicious eyes, "What did you do while I was eating ramen, dattebayo?"

Then came my overly exaggerated inhale that we came to a gasp, "Do you always assume that I was the one who caused it?"

"If I didn't do anything, then it was definitely you, dattebayo."

I puffed my cheeks out, "True... but ha! Not this time!" I objected, motioning the plate closer to the younger boy, "Want an apple?"

"Oh, sure--"

"Naruto!" Sasuke suddenly yelled, efficiently cutting our small banter short. His features were creased with multiple emotions coursing through his eyes. Itachi... what did you do? "Fight me-- now!!!"

Sakura stiffened in her seat, "Wha-"

"What are you saying, Teme?!" the boy in orange demanded, staring at the sitting duckling with concerned eyes. "You're still recovering."

"Shut up!" Came his next outburst, activating his Sharingan on. Oh shit, he snapped. "Goddamn it, fight me!"

"Sasuke," I butted in with furrowed brows, "What in the everloving fuck are you on?" But then I already knew what drugs he was on: trauma. I tightened the hold of my hands behind my back, I really don't like what's going to happen next.