Chapter 16: Oh My God, She's Such a Snake

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7CLXNwlhIK/?igshid=871cltl32ti8

    "Ne ne Hiro."

    "What?"

    "You may or may not die because of Orochimaru targeting my Sharingan. And maybe your Byakugan."

    "..."

    "..."

    "Why didn't you tell me this before I signed the waivers?" He questioned with a deadpan, staring at me with furrowed brows. We were already in the forest when he asked me this. I decided to only giggle. He rolled his eyes as he sighed deeply in exasperation.

    "Because you freaking out would have alerted him." I replied, observing my surroundings, twirling a lock of hair at the same time. Even though it's a chunnin exam, I doubt there will be anyone coming after us at the get go... well, unless you're Orochimaru.

Along with my usual outfit, I hung a small bag that had food pills, a blanket, and other things. Apparently, we were given the rest of the day off after the test to prepare for the next day, which, totally save the day for me as I realized that I would need a shit more weapons to defend myself, overpowered team combo or not.

Glancing back at Hiro, he stood paitently wih his byakugan activated, probably scoping out the area. "I think we should take the stealth route."

    "Agreed." The Hyuuga twin asked, blinking and turning his kekkai genkai off with a shrug. "There's a takigure squad coming within a mile and thankfully they have the right scroll we need." He noted.

    I nodded with a smile. "How lucky!" I place my thumb and index finger under my chin. "Do you know how to mask your chakra?"

    "Yep," The dark-haired boy popped the 'p'. And with that we went to the trees, waiting paitently for our prey. Sooner or later, the squad came in, showing that there was one boy and two girls. It was a pleasant surprise actually, as usually there are less females in squads. Or in anything really, sorry females.

    "Guah!" The boy fumed as they went to a stop. "We've been searching forever and we haven't found anyone!" He stomped on the ground. I had to resist the urge to snort. Wow... real Shinobi like.

    "Shush, Hoshi." One of the girls barked, placing a hand on her hip, totally not on her guard. The other girl just stayed silent, but guessing from her chakra, she was just as distracted as them.

"Man, these people suck." I heard Hiro mumble quiet enough for only me to hear, who was on a tree branch opposite to mine.

"Yeah, Easy-pesie targets." I quietly replied back. "You think that I can cast a mass genjustu with my sharingan?"

"Maybe," Hiro turned away from the genin. "You'll be the bait anyways."

    I leaned back with a inadible gasp as I placed a hand overmy heart, feining hurt. "Just because I'm worse at taijutsu does not mean that I'm automatically the bait!"

    "You act like one though."

    "Hirooooo..." I whined with a pout, but dropped down on the unsuspecting children anyways. Landing softly with no noise, I stealthily approached them from behind. You'll never see it coming~ I sang in my head with a giggle echoing my mind.

    "Look; how come Yoshimi's the leader here? I'm better than her!"

    "No you're not! And besides, Yuriko-Sensei made ME leader!"

    "Tch- THIS IS WHY MOM DOESN'T FUCKING LOVE YOU-" The boy halted in his words when I placed a hand on his shoulder. The three froze, only the male Taki nin slowly turning his poor pitiful head at his doom. Aka me.