Chapter 42: Hiro's Birthday

[Chapter 42: Hiro's Birthday]

Dear Megumi-chan,

I've done the preparations. It should come in along with this letter, hopefully, it'll come in use! And from what I remember, Tenten was a sort of underrated character, right?

Moving on, do you think a humidifier would be a good gift? The person I'd like to give it to is prone to getting headaches and the winter months are coming very soon, so perhaps this will help her.

Also, I think your ideas are great! I think it'll work.

An ally,

Kugui Akasuna

(⁽͇ˊ̑⁾ ἴ ⁽ˋ̑⁾͇)

"Erm..." The older girl in front of me rolled her shoulders in nervousness, staring at the Vulture that was currently staring at all the weapons. "Not that it's not allowed and all but, why is there a bird here?"

I just giggled. "His name is Riku," The bird squawked at the sound of his name, tilting his little head curiously at her. "He's from Kugui, your new fuinjutsu teacher."

She dropped the wipe from her hands. "What." I had to quickly cover my mouth to stifle the giggles. "Wait, wait, wait... what?!"

I almost fell to the floor with a sudden burst of laughter. Oh— oh my! "I got you a fuinjutsu teacher! I know, I'm awesome, praise me more— oof!" For once, I was the one tackled into a hug. The heels of my feet tapped the floor, stabilizing myself as I felt the squeeze of Tenten's hold.

"Thank you... so much!" I heard her whisper in her ear. Exhaling, my lips quirked up as I embraced her back, nuzzling against the crook of her neck. So cute. It was only a moment after that she pulled back, a puzzled look on her face. "But how? I don't think there are any fuinjutsu masters in this village."

"Whoever said they were from Konoha?" I laughed when she scrunched her nose in confusion. Flicked a finger up with the tap of my sandals, I placed the scrolls I had down onto the glass counter, petting Riku's head along the way. "Don't worry, dear cutie, they're from Sunagakure and a personal friend, you'll be in safe hands."

The brunette rose a brow, "Really now?"

"Yup," Nodding my head, I turned my body away. "Now, that was all I just wanted to do today, good luck on learning! Oh, and make sure to give the boy treats!" With a smile and hands behind my back, I began to walk away, only to stop at her last comment.

"Once more, thank you."
I just giggled, craning my head back at the girl. "It's nothing much, just a gift for a friend." And potentially, it'll be used to realize her goal.

ˋ̧̧̖⁽⁽˳̮̑̈༽ु⁾⁾ˋ̧̧̖

Aah, you know, sometimes, when you need a break, petting a cat is the way to go. "That cat is really into you, Megumi-chan," Lee noted, chucking down the liquid from his carten. "Could it be because of the power of youth?!" We've had just recently finished our daily jog (becomes easy when you do it every day), so we were just hanging out before this adorable kitty came in.

I laughed it off, stroking the back of its ears, the mews it gave off making my heart swell. Kya~ if only I could get one...! "Maybe it's cuz my family used to go to this one supply shop."

"A supply shop?" Lee pondered out loud, his big eyes blinking with curiosity. "With cats?"

I hummed. "Yeah. That shop owner was a cat lady." Well, cat lady that could use them as weapons. "My older brother would go on errands with Sasuke and me tagging along." Giggles erupted from my chest as I reminisced those certain memories. "My foolish little brother would end up challenging me into collecting paw prints, but then he was always falling behind!" Cackling another laugh, I imagined his pouty face. "He was so pissed!" He was so adorable!