Chapter 25: Guess Who's Back, Back Again

[Chapter 25: Guess Who's back, back Again.]

"Thank you very much!" I thanked the receptionist. I was back in Konoha and was currently in the hospital, though I was beginning to leave when I did all the important things like checking Sasuke in and paying all the shit and whatnot. Rotating my arm around, I stared at it in mild amazement— medical chakra is OP!

"Hey!" Came a familiar shout, causing me to turn my head towards the directions. I found myself looking at a pair of far away, enthusiastic eyes. "Megumi-chan!"

My lips stretched wide, raising my arm only to wave. "Lee!" As he jogs up to me with crutches, I almost frowned at that but resisted it, opting to place my hands behind my back instead. Watching him frown in curiosity, I laughed it off before he could ask. "My brother and I had an encounter with a weasel. Anyways, aren't ya supposed to be resting?"

"I am training!" The boy exclaimed with a wide grin, raising up a fist. I titling my head, nothing the small sweat sliding down the side of his cheek.  "I'm going to go back at being a ninja, after all! I do not want to fail Gai-Sensei, after all!"

I giggled, covering my smile with a hand. "But, ya shouldn't push so hard. It's only gonna make things worse." Was my advice to him.

"But I must become stronger—"

I poked his cheek, stopping him in his tracks. "Why is everybody so obsessed with getting stronger?" I commented under my breath, mostly to myself. Puffing out my cheeks, I kept on poking him as the genin became only more confused. Reeling my finger back, I soften my features, "Why don't I walk you to your room? Ya really are gonna collapse if ya continue." And then you might shit yourself.

He blinked, his cheeks flushing pink as he processed my words. Ah. I forgot he confessed his love for me. Stepping to his side, I became walking to his designated room, Lee quickly following suit.

"Ne, Lee," I spoke to the raven-head, the said boy inclining his head to look at me with a loud 'Hai?!'. I'm surprised he can keep pace. But then again, it's Lee. "Why did you fall in love with me? Kininarimasu!" Did I just pull a Chitanda? Yes. Did I cringe at it? A little bit.

"Why would I not?!" Came the shinobi's fast reply, staring at me with now furrowed brows as his eyes shined with passion. I smiled while hiding away my thoughts that might be seen on my face. Well, most people just like my genes and how "bubbly" I am so... He inches closer to me, his nose flaring, "Your beauty is like a purple calla lily!" Lee answered confidently. Huh, so it was the genes— "But not only that! The moment I saw you with my own two eyes, I felt myself overwhelmed by the sheer love and kindness radiating off of you!"

I blinked, not expecting that answer from the side character. Am I really like that? Apparently, we had stopped walking, just standing in the middle of the hallway. Placing a hand over a hand over my lips, I broke eye-contact to sway my head to the other direction, letting the giggles spill out. "Of course you'd say something so cheesy," I commented. Straightening my back, I smiled at the boy, albeit feeling a little reluctant. I hope this doesn't break his heart... I'd feel like the scum of the earth! "Sorry, but even with a confession like that, I don't have feelings for you in that way."

"Not to worry!" Lee assured me, grinning with only the tiniest sign of dejection written on his face. I clutched the side of my face— my heart! He doesn't deserve me! "Love takes time, after all!"

Despite all that, I smiled. Well, at least I won't be leading him on, unlike Sakura from the original.

(。▼皿▼