Chapter 14: Don's Confrontation

(I know this warning is pretty late, I would like to tell you that massive pieces of the original story were cut off in this fanfiction. I suggest that, for you to fully understand the storyline, you either watch the anime or read the manga. Trust me, it's much better ^^

Btw the strongest of the "demons" is going to be referred to as HE or HIM)

Sistine's POV:

It's gone.

William Minerva's book, , it's gone! How the-!? Who could have taken it!? Nobody's ever read that book besides me and-!

... Ray.

I rush over to one of the tables in the library, finding Norman, Ray, and Emma checking out the full circle around the owl print of the logo.

Ah... makes sense.

Based on what I recall from Leuvis' stories, I can say that those two have the most clues concerning the outside world. It tells of "demons", some form of vampire-like plant, a promise, Cursed Blood, tons of other stuff.

I suppose I could just let them keep it... I mean, there's still that one other book I like. The one Leuvis gave me.

Without a sound, I exit the library and head back to my room.

Nayla told me the other day that she heard Emma talking to Don and Gilda about "something about 'being sold to bad guys'". I also heard them talk about the secret room of this House. Based on just that, I can already tell where this is heading.

Those liars...

Not wasting another second, I take a small piece of paper, writing down, "'Don't trust them too much. They might be lying to you. The truth is far more than what those three make it out to be.' -821."

I hide the little note in Don's bed, making sure that nobody sees it. He doesn't know what 821 means. I should be alright.

I can't let those three get away with lying to them. It's not fair.

Conny loved them just as much as she loved those three. Maybe even more than that. Either way, Don and Gilda deserve to know.

I can't let the top-scorers get away with lying to them. They don't deserve that.

They never did.

"Why am I here again?" I ask, and the dark-skinned adult covers my mouth and shushes me.

"Quiet!" she hisses in a whisper. "I need to hear this!"

I pull her arm away from me, hissing back, "Why would you need me with you!?"

"So it's less suspicious to the other children! Use your head!"

"Everyone's asleep, for the love of-!"

"He pickpocketed Mama!?" I am immediately interrupted by the sound of Emma's reaction, making me turn to what was within the screen door.

"Looks like you're not the only one screaming," Sister Krone comments, making me grumble in annoyance.

Well, I'm not sleeping anyway... I might as well take a look.

"Well... has she noticed?" The blue-eyed genius, Norman, asks.

Gilda answers, evidently unsure, "I don't think so. We also returned the key to her... probably... So..." She trails off, not knowing what to say next. I can tell that she's afraid of saying something wrong. Her circular-lensed glasses aren't hiding her fearful tears that well.