Letter from Francis

"Dear Sistine,

"I bet you're reading this extremely late. Maybe not at all. Sorry, I made sure to keep it in my pocket. Mama would be suspicious if I gave it to you directly.

"In case you did find this, I hope you're doing well. You may or may not know the reason why I was shipped out, but I hope you aren't mad at me for dying.

"Yeah. After writing this, I'm probably dead by then. I'm sure you know, though. I know you. You're like my tail who will follow me even towards death. Even so, I hope you didn't die with me. That's the last thing I could ever want.

"Sistine, I just wish that you would successfully escape Grace Field. It isn't the safe, happy home we know. It's a million times worse, and the fate I will face might happen to you someday.

"I failed intentionally. Ever since you started reading that book about some sort of demon, I couldn't help but wonder if it was real. And so I checked the only place Mama forbid us from seeing: the gate.

"I saw them. Those horned creatures with masks and canine-like teeth, dressed and speaking like normal human beings... it was horrifying, Sistine. Immediately, I knew that this isn't a normal orphanage.

"It's a prison. A farm that holds human children as hostage for meat. I knew I was going to die. Mama knew I knew the secret. I knew she was going to ship me out as soon as I find out the truth. So for Ray not to get confused about the sudden change in shipping order...

"I started failing. Intentionally. I hid it from everyone, even from you. I didn't want you to get hurt by those demons. You don't deserve it.

"I know. It doesn't sound like your typical, stupid 6-year old brother, right? But I know you aren't a dumdum either. I know you'll find out about it as soon as I fall to the ground, with a pierced Vida on my chest.

"But still, if you find this... and if you escape successfully...

"Please stay safe. Always. You are a treasure that cannot be compared to Emma, Ray, even Norman. You are special. You may not be the smartest, but you are special. To me, to Ray, to Mama, and heck, maybe someday you'll be special to the demons, too.

"I'm sure they'll just love you.

"I love you, you little dumdum. Take care of yourself.

"Let's meet in Heaven when your time's up, okay?

"Yours truly,

"Francis."