Chapter 73: Wish 107.5

Sistine's POV:

The hours pass by with fun and games, but despite that, Ayshe keeps glaring at me. "Clock is ticking, Cinderella," Ayshe scowls, pinching my cheeks. "Your dress may not disappear by midnight, but you still have to do something!"

"I dwon't knwow what you'w tawking abwout, Ayshweeeee!!!" I whine as she proceeds to pull my cheeks.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" She hisses. "Stop ignoring the mistletoe! You're breaking tradition, young lady! The children will be very disappointed if they find out about this!"

"I dwidn't knwow ywu wike twadishons swo mwuch."

"Still! At least give the gift yourself!"

"I will! Just gwib mwe time!"

"I gave you enough time already," she sighs, letting go of my now red cheeks. "Whatever. Anyway, did you know that your dad would dress up as a skinny Santa for the kids?"

"Maybe," I reply calmly, pouting and rubbing my cheeks. "Also, I think he's calling you."

"Me?" Ayshe reacts, turning around to see Dad gesturing for Ayshe to come to him. The blonde turns to me hesitantly, only for her to grab my arms and take me with her.

"Good evening! I am your Santa for tonight! Ho ho ho!" Dad exclaims, caressing his fake beard. "I'm here to give our little angels their reward this year! Alright, let's start with you, little Sistine! What do you want for Christmas?" An idea crosses my mind, and smirk forms on my face. Dad's smile immediately falters upon seeing it. "Wait no. Oh no, please don't--!"

"I... don't want a lot for Christmas," I start singing slowly. "There is just one thing I need..."

"Oh my gosh--!"

"I don't care about the presents... underneath the Christmas tree~!"

"Why are you like this--!"

"I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know~!"

"You can stop now--!"

"Make my wish come truuuue~!"

"What have I done--!"

I lift a hand to stop Dad, my grin widening. "Aaaall I want for Christmaaaas..."

Dad pouts at me.

"Iiiiiis~..."

He pouts even more.

"Yoouuuuu~!"

As if the entire thing was scripted and choreographed, the kids start using the instruments in the room, one of them violently slamming their fingers on the piano keys while the younger kids continue the rest of the song.

Basically, it was a bunch of kids screaming "Denenen" excessively until the piano kid starts leading the choir. It was epic.

Ignoring the children's hyped jamming session, Dad gives me an utterly flat look. "I can't believe you've done this," he says with an accent, earning a snicker from me.

"This is why you don't ask," I snicker, to which he couldn't help but join in.

"Just answer the question."

"Come on! You know me! I just want to see you and Mom happy," I giggle, hugging Dad. "I wish for your wishes to come true!"

Hugging me back, Dad turns to Ayshe for actual answers, which makes me regret hugging Dad for the first time. "Yeah, it's true. She wants that," Ayshe replies with a shrug, causing me to sigh in relief. "Well, that and true love's kiss."