Chapter 66: Floof Used Bite

Sistine's POV:

"OW! WHAT THE HELL!?"

I wake up to the sound of a loud thud, causing me to slowly sit up and rub my eyes. "It's too early in the freaking morning," I whine, rolling to face the bed beside mine and turning on the lamp. "What's wrong anyway-- oh."

I stare blankly at the squirming boy on the floor, who is, unfortunately, getting viciously attacked by none other than my pet, Floof. "Help me! Get her off, please!" Ray hisses, trying to push the owl off of him.

"Floof," I sigh, causing her to stop and turn to me. "Do you want him to look like hell tomorrow?"

Without hesitation, she nods her head.

Resisting the urge to glare at her, I take a deep breath. "Okay, do you want me to look like hell tomorrow?" I ask, to which the owl shakes her head as a no. "Look, sweetheart, you two are being too noisy. If I don't get sleep, I'm gonna look worse than hell. So please, stop hurting Ray, and let's just have a good night's sleep, okay?"

Floof gets off of Ray, which makes me and Ray sigh in relief. However, the owl waddles over to a corner and looks for something, only to come back with a roll of duct tape on her beak. "Floof, no," I scold. "No duct taping." Lowering her head, Floof drops the duct tape and waddles back to her little bed in the corner, finally going to sleep.

I turn to the ravenette beside me, glancing at the owl bites at the back of his hand. Wincing at the sight, I make my way to the bathroom, uttering, "I'll get the first aid."

Minutes pass by with just my silent treatment— no pun intended— and Ray hissing and grunting in pain like the dramatic cyclops he is. "Can you stop whining and let me finish?" I growl. "I'm tired."

"But it hurts like hell!" he shoots back, glaring at me. "Seriously, why don't you try getting attacked by a predator bird at three in the morning?"

"Geez, it's not my fault Floof attacked you." I dab the cotton ball on his injury again, to which he hisses in pain. I lift my eyes to glance at the ravenette, finding him biting his finger to try and muffle out the noise. "You know what? The duct tape's starting to sound like a good idea."

"Hey!"

"Didn't you fight off crazy demon thingies for survival? Why are you whining about a bird bite?"

"It's been a while since I felt pain, okay? Don't tease me," He groans, resting the side of his head on the headboard. "Besides, I wasn't always tackled to the ground by a demon and slashed to near death."

I roll my eyes at him. "Dramatic son of a--!"

"Shut up!" I dab the cotton ball in his injury again, earning another grunt from him. "Agh, what is with that bird, anyway!? Why did she do that!?"

"I don't know," I reply, glaring at him while I bandage his injuries. "What did you do?"

He rolls his eyes. "Look, I didn't do anything. All I did was hold your hand for a brief moment and--!" A hand slaps over his mouth, his eye awkwardly glancing at me as his ear turns bright red.

"And..?" I utter, raising a brow at him unamusedly. "You traced the words 'good night' then went to sleep. I'm not buying it. I'm sure you did something to make her mad."

"I wasn't the one who decided to keep holding hands, okay?" he groans. "That was all you. I just took the damage for you. You're welcome."

"Unless, of course, you're did something else, and you're hiding it from me," I reply, to which he gives me another glare.

"No."

"Okay. Suit yourself." I shrug, finishing the treatment. "Good luck dealing with Floof for the rest of the night." I stand up and put everything in its place before bringing the first aid kit back in the bathroom. I ignore him through the entirety of it, knowing very well that he'll confess.

After all, he surely doesn't wanna go through fighting her again.

A smirk makes its way across my lips upon hearing him break the silence with an incoherent mutter. "I'm sorry. What was that, Ray?" I ask, leaning to the side to catch a glimpse of the timid ravenette.

"... Okay, maybe I did do something," he murmurs, averting his eyes.

Hiding my smirk with an innocent smile, I close the mirror cabinet and walk over, sitting next to him on his bed. "Which is?" I ask, tilting my head.

He shifts to face me, staring for a while as if he's wondering whether he should spit it out or give a demonstration of what happened. Based on the look on his face, he's scared of saying it. But hey, his pride is too big to admit that.

"If you can't use words, use actions, idiot," I tell him, snickering at his irritated fidgeting. I lower my eyes to get a closer look at his fidgeting hands, my side bangs subconsciously falling off its place behind my ear.

I lift a hand to brush it off, but a warm sensation coursed through my entire system when I feel a hand gently touch my left ear. My eyes widen, but they don't even dare to look up as the hand tucks the strand of hair back to its original place, gently caressing my ear like it's a delicate petal.

With the unexplainable feeling burning up my entire face, I lift my eyes to stare at the person pulling the strings— the boy causing this weird sensation.

Ray.

"Well, I, uh..." he stammers, still stroking my ear with his thumb. "I did that, but minus the, uh... minus the ear part."

"What the hell," was all I could blurt out while he lets go of my ear.

He avoids eye contact again, turning away as he utters, "You were sneezing because of it. What was I supposed to do?"

"Oh, I dunno, ignore it!?" I squeak, my voice cracking in embarrassment as I cover the ear he touched. "Let it be!? Leave me to suffer the wrath of my own hair because its disobedience doesn't bother me anyway!?"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, damn," he whispers, raising his hands in surrender. "You don't have to be so cranky about it."

"Whatever! I'm going to sleep," I huff, leaving his bed to lie down on mine. I cover my entire body with my blanket and hug my pillow as tight as I can, squirming and muffling my screamed profanities as much as I can.

To which I'm not exactly successful.

But that's okay. He's doing the same thing anyway.

It's normal. Absolutely normal.

... Hopefully.