Chapter 21: What's Your Plan?

Norman's POV:

On the other side of the wall...

... is a cliff.

A cliff that we can't escape from.

"Took you long enough," I hear an unfamiliar, feminine voice say, making me flinch and turn to the source of the voice.

There I find a girl with long, white hair, flowing in the wind, and purple eyes, staring at my own blue ones. "Who..." I utter in shock, slightly taken aback. "... Who are you?"

She flinches a bit, but realizes the situation instantly. "Oh, you're another one of those people," she chuckles to herself, bowing quickly. "Pleased to meet you, 22194, Norman," she greets, though it seems odd for her to address me that way. She moves the collar of her shirt to reveal the numbers on her neck. "My name is Sistine, but you may know me better as 82194."

"You were the one who wrote this?" I ask, holding out the notebook.

She snickers at the sight, asking, "You like it?"

"Where did you get this information?" I interrogate suspiciously. "More importantly, where are you even from?"

"So you don't know me," she says, making me flinch. Her eyes gleam in the afternoon light as she explains, "You probably don't remember me, but I'm in the same plantation as yours. I've seen your schemes, your failures, your arguments, all of those stuff. I'm pretty much another of your so-called 'siblings'."

She's... from here...?

"Then, how do you know about everything you've written here?" I ask, tossing the notebook to her. "Even we who know the secret have no idea of what you've written here."

"Oh, this?" she asks, catching it with both hands. She scans it, responding without a look. "Yeah, I'm one of those people similar to Ray. You know, spy and all. That's probably the reason why you don't even know me in the first place."

"Then how come Ray has never mentioned you?"

She froze; soon her hands slowly begin to shake. She snickers a bit, tears starting to form in her eyes. "So he didn't... Gee, no wonder," she laughs, wiping away her tears.

She takes a shaky breath and holds back the tears, and she goes back to normal. "Well, I surely wouldn't know about that," she replies, as if she didn't just get close to an emotional breakdown earlier.

I look at her eyes as they scan the pages, almost as if she knows the information by heart. "Are you another traitor to Mama?" I ask her.

She gives a slight nod. "You could put it that way."

"Won't you be spotted if you stay here?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

She finally makes eye contact, responding, "Well, you know the same would occur to you, and yet here you are." I fall silent at her reply, to which she snickers. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Actually, Mama knows I'm here. She just doesn't know that you are."

"How is that even possible?"

"This." She holds out Sister Krone's old transmitter, showing me the coordinates. "I switched out the two transmitters so that Mama doesn't have access to the walls. I'll bring this one back, though, just to avoid suspicion. Once she opens her transmitter, she will see the wall, but not the people that are there."

"... How come you know about all this?" I ask, wondering how a girl seemingly younger than me could know this much about this place.

"I was raised to know it," she replies. "Compared to Ray, I've had more access to the outside world, despite being unable to actually leave."