LEO. ∕︎ in love (oneshot)

LEO. ∕︎ IN LOVE
FLUFF - NON LEMON

[ Third Person POV ]

The spirit world was a difficult place to be in, but at the same time it was wonderful and beautiful. For (Y/N) was a very rare spirit, her key was a diamond color. Her magic however was the element of the moon, many people tried to get her key but yet only one person owns it. Her name is Rena Sakaye, and the mage who owns Leo's key would be Lucy Heartfilia.

You see (Y/N) was an outcast in the spirit world, the only person who showed her any affection or kindness would be Leo the lion. She adored him very much, but she never knew if he even liked her, maybe he was just being nice to her because he's a good person. Therefore she never really showed her attraction to him, she was blunt and specific when talking to him.

She sat alone, kicking her feet around in the water of a small pond. Her white dress and silver cuff links shinned in the stars of the sky. "(Y/N), hey long time no see!" Leo smiled as he walked towards her.

"What is it now Leo?" She answers bluntly

"Can't I visit a beautiful woman with out a reason?" He grins as he fixes the tie on his suit.

(Y/N) doesn't answer, she looks off the the side to avoid any eye contact at all.

"Fine, well... the spirit king wanted to see you..." Leo says, looking off the other direction as he puts his hands in his pants pockets.

"Nice," She answers.

"Aren't you gonna go, see him?" Leo asks, narrowing his eyes on her in a questioning manner.

"I will once you leave okay? So beat it..." She answers, her voice becoming soft and fragile almost.

"Hey Leo!" Aries shouts as she giggles and waves to him, she was walking over. Once she got here she wrapped her arm around Leo's, "Remember you promised to eat lunch with me?"

(Y/N) sat there, still not looking at him, finally she got up and started walking off before Leo could respond to Aries.

"What was that all about? Is she mad or something..." Aries pouts.

"...Probably... hey I can't today alright, sorry I think I'm coming down with something and I really don't want to get you sick, Aries-San..." Leo answers, he was obviously lying to her to go check on (Y/N) but Aries believed him.

"Okay. How about tomorrow then if you feel like it, alright?" Aries asks, kissing Leo's cheek. She walked off and Leo walked after (Y/N).

She walked into her small house, the spirit world was quite big so all the spirits practically lived in peace. (Y/N) never really got summoned a whole lot, being that there was only one of her spirit keys out there, she only had one contract with a mage.

Leo was always curious of her, he found her so mysterious sometimes that to the point where he wouldn't be able to stop thinking about her.

She walked into her apartment and soon back out, she was dressed differently, more formal with her (Long/Medium/Short) (H/C) hair tied up in a ponytail and out of her face. Leo watched as she made her way to the spirit king, once she got there the king grunted in disapproval "It's been two months and yet she hasn't opened your gate." He says.

"Sorry, guess she doesn't need me as much anymore..." (Y/N) replied, staring down at her feet.

"Unless she doesn't need you. I'm thinking about sending you to the human world—where you belong. It will be permanent... you aren't really needed in the celestial spirit world that much anyways..." The king replied.

Her (E/C) eyes widened, "N-No please! I promise I'll talk with her!" She shouts, kneeling down to him.

"I'm afraid you said that last time we had this talk, (Y/N)." The king answers bluntly.

Tears feel from her eyes and hit the rock solid ground, Leo was filled with anger about what he was hearing. To him the king was just going to kick her out like the king did him? She didn't even do anything! Was the mage not opening her gate for a while really that serious? Why would this happen?!To him he couldn't hold it back anymore.

"No way! You can't do that!!" Leo yelled, coming out from his hiding place and getting both of their attention.

"Leo, what are doing here? This is a private matter." The king answers.

"No! You can't kick her out just because her lazy mage won't open her gate!!!" Leo yells.

"Leo..." (Y/N) said as her eyes widened from his argument, he would really stand up to the king for her?

"I won't let you! Let me talk to Lucy! Maybe she can do something, like Lucy did for me all those years ago!" He shouted once more.

"Leo I'm afraid this is something my old friend can not settle, (Y/N) is to be removed from the celestial spirit world in three hours..." The king states as he disappears into the stars.

"No!!! Get back here!!!!" Leo screams, (Y/N)'s eyes filled with tears. She felt like her whole world just shattered. Leo ran to her aid, he took of his suit jacket and wrapped it around her as she continued to cry. "We've still got three hours! I'll talk with Lucy I promise, I won't let you end up dying over this!" He says sternly.

"...Why, why do care like this for me?" She asked, still sobbing and crying.

"Because... your a fellow spirit, I was once in the same boat here, Lucy helped me!" He answers.

"But why... your different you were in her guild, you were a friend... why would she help a stranger?"

"Because Lucy is kind and warm hearted, let her help you."

"...Thank you Leo... thank you..." She sobs, looking up and him as she softly smiles at her fragile state.

"Yeah," He smiles. "Of course."