STING E. ∕︎ best friend (oneshot)

STING E. ∕︎ BEST FRIEND
FLUFF - NON LEMON

[ First Person POV ]

Today was supposed to "fun" because a small celebration for our school's (American) football team was being held right now. They had a big BBQ for everyone and big fireworks while people sat on the bleachers watching them.

I grabbed my food and sat next to my best friend, Sting Eucliffe. But I have to say, he's more than my best friend—to me. Because I have grown affectionate feelings for him.

Yes, yes, I've grown feelings for my best friend. But he's sweet and cute and... amazing... I really don't deserve him. We call each other nicknames, I call him Stingy Bee or Stingy and he calls me (N/N).

He walked over to me with a bottle of Cola, he handed it to me with a cute smile as he climbed up to the top of the bleachers to where I sat. "Hey (N/N) what's up?"

"Nothing much," I smile, taking the small bottle of Cola from him and unscrewing the cap.

He sits down next to me and takes ahold of my legs, then he sets them acrossed his lap as my back leans against the bleachers. I blush at his actions but then again we've known each other for so long, that it's alright to act like a couple in some ways and people will think it's normal.

"Man I can't wait for the fireworks..." I mumble to myself.

"Me neither, want some chips?" He grins as he scoots closer to me and offers me a small opened bag of BBQ Lays chips, it was opened and he already ate some so I just took a couple.

"Hey... Stingy... can I ask you something?" I ask, looking off the the side.

"Sure what is it?" He asks as he cutely pushed a lock of hair out of his face.

"So... I over heard a couple girls taking and... are you seeing anyone? You know in a romantic way?" I ask.

"Huh?" He asks "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know... actually just forget it," I nervously chuckle.

"Would it matter if I was?" He asks

"The Fire works are starting soon! 10, 9, 8..."  Some guy yells.

"Well it wouldn't really matter but we're friends aren't we? So can't I know who your seeing?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"7, 6, 5..."

"Listen, I'm not seeing anyone! It's just a stupid rumor that was probably spread, I have my eyes set on one person, so I'm not seeing anyone." He explains.

"4...3...2..."

'His eyes set on one person?! Damn it... I knew it, were best friends that have no shot at being lovers...' I thought to myself as a tear runs down my cheek, I quickly wipe it off and look up to the night sky.

"1!!!!" Everybody shouts as fireworks shoot up in the air and explode.

"I'm gonna go watch the fireworks with Lucy and the girls!" I shout, handing him the bottle of Cola as I start getting up, which meant taking my legs off his lap.

"What? Why?" He shouts back.

"... I-I-Ugh... sorry..." I say, then I walk off the Lucy and the girls.

For the rest of that night I watched the fireworks and giggled over dirty jokes that Cana told us all. Natsu snorted crushed up BBQ chips from Gray's "Dare" in which all Gray said was "Bet you can't sort these!" And Natsu did it. His nose was in pain but everyone was giggling at his stupid actions.

However lots of fun did happen tonight, I also learned my best friend/crush likes someone else. That's what had me depressed in the first place. I'm just glad my friends could cheer me up, even if it wasn't for long.

The fireworks ended and people started getting up and leaving. I grabbed my coat and yelled to my friends. "Hey wait for me!" I whined with a slight laugh at the end.

"(N/N)?" Sting asked from behind, making me jump in surprise.

"Yeah Sting? What is it?" I ask

He looks down to his feet. "Did I do some thing wrong? Because if I did please just say it, don't make me guess and be ignored like an idiot." He says. "So if your mad at me than tell me what I did!"

"What? Why would I be mad at you?" I ask, blinking my eyes. I knew why I was mad at him... but even then I could never be mad at him, his cute face always cheered me up. If that even makes sense right now...

"First, you promised to watch the fireworks with me, then you go off and sit with Lucy, Natsu and the others, and second, you called me 'Sting' and not Stingy when I greeted you..." He admits in a depressing tone, not looking up from his shoes the entire time.

"...Sting I-"

"Just call me Stingy, like I call you (N/N), please... is it that hard?" He shouts, we were now completely alone, everyone has left including my ride.

"Well... it's not that hard but... I just can't right now..." I say, looking off to the side.

He grabs my shoulders and looks me square into the eyes. His dark blue orbs held confusion and possible sadness.

"Is it because you asked me who I was seeing? Is it because I said I had my eyes on someone else??" He asks/shouts.

I slowly nod my head and turn off to the side to avoid his beautiful eyes meeting mine. He lets out a deep sigh and pulls me into him, crashing his warm and plum lips on my own lips.

I melt into him, a bit surprised but I didn't show it. He's kissing me? I must be dreaming... no I'm not this is 100% real... oh wow his lips are so warm...

Sadly, he breaks apart for some air. He looks into my day dreaming expression and begins to laugh. "I love you (N/N)...." He admits with red cheeks. "Sorry I never said it sooner..."

"I love you too, Stingy Bee..." I giggle as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Alright, I'll drop you off back home." He says, picking me up bridal style as I gasp from his actions. "Off and away," And he grins as he walks like I weigh nothing. I smile and cuddle into his warm chest as he carries me.